WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY DECEMBER 27, 2020

• Beautiful LINDA. Thank you.
  • Thanks for the cards and good wishes, everyone. Hope you have all had an enjoyable New Year's Day and have a Happy and Healthy 2021.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Just a thought

Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but you’ve actually been planted. (Christine Caine)

• Belated Happy New Year to you all. Tried in vain to get on to the site yesterday
  • Thanks to ALL for Good Wishes. The site has been misbehaving again today, very frustrating. One day I can up with put, but not two days. See you t'morra.
  • Thank you, LINDY !
    The site was slow very early this morning ( GMT) but seems to be OK now.
  • As others have said, the site was so slow yesterday, I gave up the will.

Thanks to all for good wishes.
  • I didn’t get back to make replies yesterday – our family discussion was brought forward, and we seem to have arrived at a daily pattern which suits everyone – and with nobody out at work can be the same every day including weekends. We started well this morning – I only took 30 minutes to get up instead of 90 minutes! J seems a lot better and is being very helpful.
    So, here goes with those replies.

LINDA – I agree about ships’ foghorns sounding mournful – I think it makes me think of lost sailors down the years. We too are getting lovely sunny mornings – and I even remarked yesterday that the sunset is getting noticeably earlier as the days begin to lengthen! Loved your poem for end of Old Year – thank you. I also enjoyed the other piece with optimism for 2021. We have an extra Public Holiday on Monday too in Scotland – in lieu of 2nd January which is normally a hangover recovery day but falls on Saturday (today). So, we shall have had two four-day weekends! I received that Jaquie Lawson card from a cousin and thought it was rather lovely.

CLARE – wonderful photo of Sparrowhawk – thank you so much!

ROSY – so pleased that your OH was released home, but there should have been follow-up provision for him. Glad he is slowly recovering with the help of your Son in the US!

GARDENBIRDER – nice to see you popping in again! Wishing you a Happy Birding year!

AQ – loved that quote! Don’t do too much this week!

Nothing in the diary today – except for meals, of course, but even they are low-key after all the indulgence! Lovely frosty sunshine again. Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • In reply to Lindybird:

That card was so beautiful, thank you LINDY.
  • Good Morning (erm, afternoon, now......) Glad everyone enjoyed the card - when I first saw it, I thought of creatures in the UK countryside, but then the giraffes popped up!!!

OG - Good that J is happier. I hope he can go forward into a new year with some positivity. Nice that you've all come to agreement about meals, at least everyone will know where they are up to :-)

Today began with a pretty sunrise: