WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY DECEMBER 27, 2020

Hallo all.  Re dishwashers, we just fill it up and run it whenever that happens.   Re gifts, my OH was fretting again that my hedge trimmer wasn't much of a 'gift' even though I wanted it.  I got it organized today, charged the battery and it's all ready to go.  Meanwhile, he's thrilled with the four-slice toaster, which seems to the job in record time. 

AQ: Re a previous 'thought,' what bothers me is that I eat light and healthy between New Year and Christmas but then undo it all just between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Went for a walk this morning and all kinds of bits were jiggling along behind.  

Heather:  I'm sure your gift from daughter wasn't mere wrinkle cream but a very exotic and expensive moisturizer. :-)    Maybe buy her a book on how to stay in shape as you age?  Just kidding.  

Lindybird:  A too-small hat and ice-defrosting spray for the car?  And no flowers either.  :-(    By the way, what made you decide on that lovely painting of the sailboats rather than one of the two you'd previously mentioned?  I love the winter-time photos.  I always liked walking in winter when I lived there - it's quiet and sort of contemplative time of year.

Diane:  Is it your computer or just online access?  We've been repeatedly bumped offline at certain times each day recently; the techy folks said it was simply that too many people were zooming, etc.  Do hope it's a comparatively easy fix.

OG:  Oh geez. No flowers for you either - and no houseplant - what does it take I ask!   Personalized signs on the motorways, as in  "Don't forget the flowers for your wife"?  That raspberry pavlova must've been wonderful - and chocolate cake too.  I've put on weight just reading about it.

A lovely sunset here tonight, with a storm working its way down the coast.   Grandson and partner are coming down tomorrow for lunch. I told him we had leftovers, etc., but he insists on bringing everything and will do all the work, 'so you don't have to do anything and can relax with a glass of wine."   What a sweetie he's turned into.  I'm very lucky.

Have a good Sunday all. 

• Thanks for the cards and good wishes, everyone. Hope you have all had an enjoyable New Year's Day and have a Happy and Healthy 2021.
  • Just a thought

Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but you’ve actually been planted. (Christine Caine)

• Belated Happy New Year to you all. Tried in vain to get on to the site yesterday
  • Thanks to ALL for Good Wishes. The site has been misbehaving again today, very frustrating. One day I can up with put, but not two days. See you t'morra.
  • Thank you, LINDY !
    The site was slow very early this morning ( GMT) but seems to be OK now.
  • As others have said, the site was so slow yesterday, I gave up the will.

Thanks to all for good wishes.
  • I didn’t get back to make replies yesterday – our family discussion was brought forward, and we seem to have arrived at a daily pattern which suits everyone – and with nobody out at work can be the same every day including weekends. We started well this morning – I only took 30 minutes to get up instead of 90 minutes! J seems a lot better and is being very helpful.
    So, here goes with those replies.

LINDA – I agree about ships’ foghorns sounding mournful – I think it makes me think of lost sailors down the years. We too are getting lovely sunny mornings – and I even remarked yesterday that the sunset is getting noticeably earlier as the days begin to lengthen! Loved your poem for end of Old Year – thank you. I also enjoyed the other piece with optimism for 2021. We have an extra Public Holiday on Monday too in Scotland – in lieu of 2nd January which is normally a hangover recovery day but falls on Saturday (today). So, we shall have had two four-day weekends! I received that Jaquie Lawson card from a cousin and thought it was rather lovely.

CLARE – wonderful photo of Sparrowhawk – thank you so much!

ROSY – so pleased that your OH was released home, but there should have been follow-up provision for him. Glad he is slowly recovering with the help of your Son in the US!

GARDENBIRDER – nice to see you popping in again! Wishing you a Happy Birding year!

AQ – loved that quote! Don’t do too much this week!

Nothing in the diary today – except for meals, of course, but even they are low-key after all the indulgence! Lovely frosty sunshine again. Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • That card was so beautiful, thank you LINDY.
  • Good Morning (erm, afternoon, now......) Glad everyone enjoyed the card - when I first saw it, I thought of creatures in the UK countryside, but then the giraffes popped up!!!

OG - Good that J is happier. I hope he can go forward into a new year with some positivity. Nice that you've all come to agreement about meals, at least everyone will know where they are up to :-)

Today began with a pretty sunrise: