Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is 14 December. I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week. Seek out joy, folks. 

Check back to last week's thread to see the latest posts, including one from Rosy. 

Red-Headed Woodpecker
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
National Park Service: NPS/Warren Bielenberg
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• KATE – Thank you for full version of Dr Seuss. Inspiring words.

LYNETTE – I hope your brother can get the appts he needs soon.

PAT – Sensible though painful decision. May you find lots to do to fill the empty arms.

OG – A good idea for J to stop, take a break and sort things out.

ANNETTE – I look forward to hearing that (post-birthday) that you are wielding your hedge trimmer while dressed in your finest opals.

LINDA – Long conversations are great when timed to suit but otherwise. . . . Friend rang yesterday while I was preparing bacon pinwheels, put her off, then she rang again as I was trying to extract them from oven.

Today I woke feeling “normal”. Nevertheless I have continued taking things easy. OH went out to lunch. What did I do with the quiet? I had  lunch, watched NSW news, fetched a few χmas decs, had my usual snooze.

A fresh covid outbreak in Sydney beach suburbs. Two on day 1, then 17, today 28 cases. Other states have imposed various border restrictions, permits, mandatory quarantine, thus affecting many χmas plans.

• I’m trying to get into the Holiday Spirit, but the darn bottle won’t open.

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but if the white runs out I’ll drink the red.

When you stop believing in Santa, you get underwear.

• AQ - I'm happy to read that you are resting x
    My mouth watered at your mention of bacon pinwheels! I looked up some recipes. Some had grated cheese. Do you cook the bacon first? Also, what kind of bacon? Thank you in advance !!
  • Good Morning. Sorry, not my usual self as yesterday was such an annoying day and before I even get out of bed today I can see today will be much of the same....

Will write later when I won't rant.
  • Saw this on my travels,and thought maybe of interest,those who enjoy their WHISKY tipple...

• LINDY - A good rant can be very therapeutic and makes the rest of us know that our grumpiness is perfectly acceptable !
  • HEATHER - Bacon pinwheels
    Dough – 2 c SR flour, 90 gm marg, 2/3 c milk. Roll out 30 x 40 cm (mine is smaller & thus thicker).
    60 gm pizza sauce, 1 c grated cheese, 150 gm chopped bacon*
    Spread pizza sauce, sprinkle with cheese & uncooked bacon. Roll to form log. Cut 2 cm slices (I get 24-27).
    Place flat on greased tray, leaving a little space between. Bake 25-30 mins.

*I use “pizza pieces” from supermarket deli. They are a mix of bacon & fat, latter cooks off in oven.

• AQ Thank you! I don't make much pastry these days, tend to buy ready made. I like the idea of pizza sauce in them.

• Read it, Sunnykate ! What a find.....
  • Heather B said:
    Read it, Sunnykate ! What a find.....

If cant find bacon pieces for the Pin wheels, how about thin STREAKY  bacon ( green not smoked)