Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 December 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Grab some joy where you can.

Stay strong, friends!

Cow moose grazing on willows
US National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright free)

• Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. [Redd Foxx]

Doctors found traces of blood in my coffee stream.

My blood type is coffee.

• AQ: I take a book and my lunch into the garden. I'd get indigestion if I tried to watch the news while I ate.
    Take care!
  • Good Morning. Just getting light here but very cold wind is whistling through the cracks.
  • II remember those paper chains, also - ours were pre cut in packs. My dad didn't go in much for these things, we had a tree and little else. He was a typical Highlander of his generation.  Christmas Day was a normal working day up here, I would guess until the fifties? Perhaps later.

• Hello to all - been busy working here and at office. Also having lots of trouble with my Broadband supply. I'm with EE and they are very good, they did lots of tests and said I might need a new hub. The engineer came and as well as ordering a new hub he changed the socket on the wall. Hub arrived and I managed to set it all up and it was fine for about a week. The the last few days it has been playing up. This morning it was ok for an hour then stopped completely with red lights showing and no signal on my landline as well.

Back onto EE and they said it looks like damage to the copper wire to my house. We have had a lot of rain recently so could be that. So they have given me 20GB of extra data and made my phone into a hot spot so I can continue to work from home. Please don't ask what all that means - I'm just happy its working.   Told it will be worked on today and it should be back up tomorrow.

So good to read all your news and keep resting AQ and everyone else don't stress about Christmas just enjoy it as much as you can.

Here in Suffolk we had had some of the lowest Covid cases but I heard on the radio that we may be put into tier 3 (the highest) as our numbers have been rising. I guess we will find out on 14th when they review it.

Keep safe all

• Unknown said:
    see the UK is already rolling out the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.  Are any of you in line for a shot soon?

Not yet.  Limpy's highly vulnerable so he could potentially be done with the over-70's - but I'm only 52 so I've got a bit of a wait (unless my status as Limpy's carer makes any difference).  I've been offered a free flu jab for the last few years despite my (relative) youth so you never know.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• ANNETTE Just heard that OHs Dad who is 89 next month has been offered the vaccine, but turned it down. He will be offered again next month to see if he has had a change of heart.
  • LINDY Like to eat at the table as well. Breakfast is in the breakfast room which is really part of the kitchen and other meals eaten in the dining room. We have an 8 seat table thank goodness as most of the time 1/2 of it is covered by jigsaw workings.
  • I'm fine thanks, Dibnlib. Do you mean my mentioning the cracks? I meant the tiny gaps around the doors to what's left of our attic space - when we had our bedroom put into the attic, we asked them to leave some space to put the suitcases etc! Then doors to access it. But on the south side of the bedroom, when the wind blows northerly, it comes up under the eaves, through the space and right into the room! It only happens under extreme conditions.

Just been out and bought a Christmas tree - wanted a real one so bought a smaller one than usual as no one to admire it but ourselves.

Good to hear from you, Harelady - sorry you've had so many technical hitches. Hope all OK now.