Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week. 

Stay strong, friends! 

Northern Parula
U.S. National Park Service NPS/N.Lewis
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• AQ Sorry that you have to have a further procedure but of course it's for the best. Your camera will be desperate to get taken out for a walk...
  • Intended to come on here early - when OH was shopping and again when he went to dentist, but I became occupied. So will just quickly snatch a minute to say one thing and hope to come back later:
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING
  • HEATHER I agree with LINDY, eat what you want, when you want it. My OH used to love a bowl of cereal for supper and it is not unknown for me to have a pasta left over for breakfast. A friend would eat trifle any time of day.

DIANE Sorry to hear more surgery is needed.
  • LINDY that is so beautiful, your Scottish friend loves it too.
  • LINDY A well meaning apology would have helped,I am sure. Sorry yesterday morning was so annoying.
  • Thanks, Dibnlib: I've got over it now, but I was annoyed at the time. Might not go there again (Specsavers. And I got a letter from them today -- "Dear Ms --- Your eye test is now due.....!!" )

Had beautiful sunshine here today and managed to attack one or two things which needed doing. My OH is getting fidgety and threatening to clean out the conservatory roof, inside, tomorrow. I'd better begin to move my ornaments!!
  • Think I shall manage a few minutes while dinner is cooking. I don’t know why I feel busy and tired – probably just the post-magazine slump!

AQ – sorry the surgeon didn’t get it right first time – mine took a margin as big as the measured lump! Hope this surgery goes as well as previous in respect of recovery time etc.

HEATHER – we had bright sunshine through breakfast, then thick fog till midday. Strange meals for me at times – but haven’t had favourite breakfast of leftover mashed potato, grated or spreading cheese and chutney recently.

LINDA- lights appearing around here too – next door has strings of blue lights, opposite has a net in the front window (as well as a rotting pumpkin still on their doorstep!) etc … Sounds as if Specsavers need to get their act together!! Difficult when you are getting through the to do list and your OH keeps coming up with extras which he thinks need to be done!

My list seems to grow every day – new appointments etc get added in. I really will have to get the Christmas cards down and do something with them! Hearing test for me tomorrow – dreading the ride to Dumfries, haven’t been out of Annan since early March! But I am getting a lunch while there.
  • Belated greetings to all our US friends as they celebrate Thanksgiving Day. Plenty to be thankful for this year ...

I've read everything for the past few days, but been up to my eyes. In fact, my eyes are now officially screen-shaped, after so many Zoom sessions - three yesterday, one of which I was hosting. The first was vaguely interesting, the second was fascinating but needed full attention and note-taking, and the third I was hosting with a PowerPoint presentation. Oh the things we have learned in the last few months!!

AQ - Sorry to hear more surgery is necessary, but good that they are dealing with it so quickly.

OG - Enjoy your day in Dumfries tomorrow. I know two eating places in Dumfries - The Robert the Bruce (Wetherspoons) and Morrison's. The seats are more comfortable in the former!

We have now been moved up from Tier 1 to Tier 2. This may scupper my proposed Christmas visit to the family, as I don't know whether BandBs will be allowed to operate. They are in Tier 2 as well - not quite far enough west!! I may have been more sensible than usual by ordering all sorts of Christmas treats in case I am home alone.
  • LINDY: That's a glorious Thanksgiving video card. So beautiful! Loved the wild turkeys and the rural theme!