Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week. 

Stay strong, friends! 

Northern Parula
U.S. National Park Service NPS/N.Lewis
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG: Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow. I know you can't get out much, so I hope this trip will give you some joy.

• Evening all: Somewhat exhausted; will catch up when I've recovered! :-)
  • Thanks ALL for your support. For those wondering why I have a recall - the surgeon did take a margin around the lump, then it was sent off for further analysis and was larger than indicated by ultrasound. I am wondering if it grew in the 4 weeks between. Whatever, I am confident she is up with the latest treatments.

Our state had a zero covid day and some people have already recovered. Warnings for those flooding to shops for Black Friday sales (yet another import from the US). Victoria has had no new cases, no deaths from covid for 28 days. Health experts claim 2 cycles free indicate virus is “eliminated” in community. Since Sept 39,000 Aussies have been repatriated on special flights. 36,000 more still waiting to return. They all must quarantine 2 weeks in hotel, at own cost.

Wary of another sudden lockdown in Adelaide, I went early this morn for food shop. Early? Yes, 8 am, as we expected 40 C today. It was already extremely hot, tempers were short in carpark as idiots blocked lanes waiting for cars to leave, even though there were plenty of spaces a few cars further. Most women wearing face masks (recommended here), but not the men. One maskless woman dodged back from me as if I was contaminated. <grin> I admire the staff who wear them all day in this hot weather. Now near 4 pm, city has passed the max, northern suburbs 43, here near coast 38. Evening meal will be cold meat & salad followed by Xm mince pie.

• Buy, buy, says the sign in the shop window; Why, why, says the junk in the yard. [Paul McCartney]

You’re right, shopping won’t fix the problem. But it will put me in a better mood for when I actually have to deal with it.

Only one shopping day left 'til tomorrow. [Caroline Coxon]

• Good Morning. Dry, still and cold, here.

AQ - You can award yourself a medal for getting out early and getting in the supplies! I think I'd be at a snails pace in all that heat. People here seem to have much shorter fuses in the present tense atmosphere. It was written on a local website FB page here, how a man reduced a gentle girl on the till to tears the other day, by his abusive remarks. (She subsequently got lots of support from the loyal local customers)

Off to go & finish some of my HW begun yesterday, and rush about in front of my OH, who has a glint in his eye about getting things cleaned before December hits!
  • Lindy Peoples behaviour can be so bad. Did you see the video of the female who when asked to obey 2 metre directions smashed her way down the alcohol isles!!!!!
  • Yes, Dibnlib: shocking behaviour - later, I saw how she had eventually been found and punished - a Warning and a suspended sentence, in other words "Don't do it again!" Even more shocking.

MY OH has spent most of the morning up a ladder, wiping down the roof and now the windows of the conservatory. At least when he's finished it will be lovely and fresh, but it does worry me when he gets up ladders at his age.

Its dry and cloudy here, not too cold but I've just put the heating on all the same.

And the window cleaner has just arrived, so we will be sparkling if he's doing the outside at the same time as my OH does the inside!!
  • Quite, Pat. When I was waiting in the opticians the other day, I saw someone in altercation at the door with a member of staff, who said "Please wait there whilst I consult our Manager". She came back and I could hear their voices getting louder - the woman was refusing to wear a mask to come in. Eventually, after it being pointed out that she couldn't come in without one, she accepted a free mask and came in. Grr.

We are now gleaming, and I've made a couple of birthday cards, plus spent far too much online on Christmas gifts.... time for a sit down.