Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week. 

Stay strong, friends! 

Northern Parula
U.S. National Park Service NPS/N.Lewis
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Sorry, the above should have been for HEATHER as well. I am forever losing my specs as I have them on and off my nose all the time.
  • The carpets now all look paler, and the chemical smell is actually quite pleasant. He also cleaned the stairs, which are a revelation, as they were so trodden down, but now the pile has come up on the pale green carpeting.

I tried to read a newspaper in the conservatory, to keep out of the way, and managed to fall asleep! Some laundry dried on the line, which has filled up the ironing basket yet again.......

Heather, we could have paid someone to come in but it's against my OHs way of life to pay anyone for doing something he can do himself. ...
  • Dibnlib - my glasses come off my nose approximately 100 times a day, and they are now a distorted shape! Looking forward to collecting the new ones this Wednesday.
  • Oh LINDY, I understand your OH and you are very lucky! Mine was not at all interested in DIY. except from carpentry. I did painting and decorating here until he stopped me. I think my efforts were quite good !

• AQ I read online today about some clothes pegs in Aussieland that enable you to put washing on hangers and then on the clothesline. I think they were called heg pegs

• Phew – very busy day, full of comings and goings and the magazine – for which I have apologised that the “December mag may not be distributed before 29th November!” Not my fault that they have just finally decided to have a trial zoom service this coming Sunday! (Am including the Christmas cartoon, by the way.)

LINDA – I have been sending out some very short emails – promising fuller ones to follow, as I just can’t keep up at the moment. I hope you are being careful shifting all that furniture – made me look at our carpets, but I have to say I shook my head and turned away! I hope neither of you is too exhausted this evening. I liked the quote you found. Glad you are happy with carpet result.

ANNETTE – pleased your Daughter got through LA so easily on the way. Had a hilarious image in my mind of all the burping birds after they met the Pup – has she got a name? Kitchen layout was drawn to my basic plan, except three wall cupboards were left out, so there was a hasty phonecall to put them back in! I think we are expecting a quotation for the cost tomorrow – or at least an estimate.

AQ – Pleased about the change in your weather. You must not even think about stretching up that arm yet! I was puzzled at you saying right arm – I had automatically thought it would be the left, same as mine – silly me!

HEATHER – I know just what you mean about laughter, and what a surprise it can be! I’m ashamed to say I did laugh out loud at your antics with specs and the torch! I have some clips which go on the washing line to change the hangers by ninety degrees.

Excuse any typos and spellings – too tired/lazy to proof read after all the magazine checking.
  • HARELADY:  Thanks for your comments about my current unemployment. I appreciate your concern very much. That's awful that you also will now have to wait until you are 66. Rubbish policy by both our governments!!! I am so very sorry about your son's and his partner's loss of jobs. So stressful, especially with children. I hope the couple will find well-paying work immediately. 

I second your call to get this horror of a year over. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better in the U.S. 

ALL: Thanks for your encouraging comments to me. 

• Saw a T-shirt today with a 'review of 2020" theme: 2020 got one star out of five "would not visit again."