WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• Had a long morning out - various delays between the different sections of the eye test, then no one available to advise me on choosing new frames as there were several ladies ahead of me. Very glad to get home and sit down! The town, which is bigger than ours, looked very strange with most of the shutters down and very few people about.

Was told that my cataract has grown in one eye, but that the rest of everything is not too different, but I needed to order new glasses as I've worn these out. So two pairs now on order, in a fetching (I hope) tortoiseshell effect. They & I will be keeping an eye on my cataract, so to speak, to decide when it needs attention.

Found my OH had hoovered round, bless him, and that it was nearly time for a welcome lunch.
  • Morning all:

First world problem update: Daughter's reclining chair arrived - too small! Nobody know why or how, but after many phone calls (arghh!), store manager has upgraded her to a leather version that's already been ordered and is due in four weeks. Otherwise, fabric orders are taking 4-6 months!! It's still more money in spite of a huge discount he applied...... Anything for a peaceful life.......... I need a drink....
  • Heather, just read your great news! I'm so pleased for you, your family and especially your grandson.

Good evening, all! I've just had a great idea for a new business ........ removals. My first date must be at the White House.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Computer went batty this morning - no, that's unkind to Bats - it was really crazy! Final solution, turn off and turn on again! Had problems with telephone communications too - that was in the effort to speak to a real person at our doctor's surgery. Eventually managed to get a call late afternoon - hoping for solution re all this pain which may be planter fasciitis. Four lines of attack: podiatrist, exercise, more medications and rest!

Haven't even read your posts yet - hopefully will make it tomorrow!
  • Sorry to hear about your pain, OG. Have you tried insoles in your shoes? Sometimes one or both ankles/heels turn inward; I am not sure if such things are still available but there also used to be special insoles (thicker on one side than the other) for that problem available at the chemist's. The insoles corrected that heel problem and hence relieved pain from the p. fasciitis by correcting the posture of the relevant leg (the insoles were handed over along with the cautiously offered suggestion to lose weight!). I did and both worked!

Kind regards, Ann

• Lindybird - that poem is beautiful for W.Kindness Day.

Just looking in and catching up with all your news.
    Heard today from an old school pal who'd seen me in an old school photo on FB through a group I am in. Messaged me and then I had a phone call out of the blue from her. Was so nice to have a blather and catch up. We will be keeping in touch.
  • AQ - all the best for the op and a speedy recovery.
  • I’m home! THANK YOU ALL for your good wishes and all your news.

My op done yesterday, I’m only a bit sore, slept many many tiny sleeps overnight. Surgeon visit early this morn, discharged & Dau brought me home by 10 am. She didn’t stay for lunch. I relaxed. OH was asleep, so I opened tin of tomato soup for us for lunch. Then I slept for 3 hours. Then the shock – Our state is in lockdown for 6 days. Most things closed except essential workers. Only one person /household allowed to shop for food. Only medical appts. All elective surgery cancelled except cancer treatment (Phew I was lucky). Masks should be worn when out. To be reviewed next week (tighter perhaps?) Luckily our fridge & pantry are stocked up and I was not planning on going out for7-10 days as I’m not to drive.

• Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”? (George Carlin)

I’m too busy to spend time in a hospital. I’ve got things to do.

In a hospital they throw you out into the street before you are half cured, but in a nursing home they don't let you out till you are dead. (George Bernard Shaw)

• AQ....So pleased you Home,do take,time to help your body heal ,Bless you...

Sorry about the Lockdown,

"Trauma creates change you DON'T choose
    Healing is about creating change ,you DO choose"Michelle Rosenthall