WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• Good Morning. A bit grey here again, but hey! It's the weekend! A bit further on with our much hated lockdown which according to the scientists, seems to be working.... Maybe the veiled threat that folks won't be able to have the Christmas they want unless they behave themselves, is helping it to work.

AQ - I had the same problem this week - I was readying to go out to the opticians, when there was an offer to put out the laundry. I tried not to watch as he hung underpants up sideways, not even right side out, after I've supposedly been observed doing the same job for nearly 50 years. I'm very pernickety about it and very neat, so it grates terribly, although I'm glad of an offer to help. When I got home, I couldn't help but go out and alter some of the worst efforts so that they would dry properly. Some towels were hanging by a thread, so to speak, with all the pegs at one end.

Annette, the saying "It's Marmite" is now much used here. Sorry. It means that like Marmite, something is either very loved or very hated. :-)
  • ANNETTE - Did I see you in that line of cars driving to Colorado Springs for a burger!!!? Our newsreader suggested people needed to take snacks. LOL

• LINDA - Good evening / morning. Thanks, I meant to ask about  "marmite" & forgot. I wonder whether vegemite is used same way DownUnder. 

• AQ -- Hope you're feeling better daily.

Likewise OG - Hope everything went well yesterday for you all.
  • That is dreadful, DIANE. I do hope that you will have some success, soon.
  • Diane so sorry to hear that you have lost your employment and still have to wait for your pension or equivalent. Lots of women born in the 50s in the UK also have to wait until aged 66 - I am one of them. My Son and Partner are both looking for work and they have 2 children aged 3 and 9 months and it is so stressful for all of us. At least they are buying their property but the poor people that are in the same situation but renting are far worse off as they are facing eviction.

Lets get this horror of a year over and pray that 2021 is a new dawn for all of us.

I'm sure that I and all your friends on here are sending YOU all the positive thoughts right now. Stay Strong!

• LINDY How lovely for Sue. This time all will go well.
  • Dibnlib: I have a good feeling about Boris the Dog! -- Hopefully things will go better this time. Sue has been longing for company at home and was regretting not getting a dog before the first lockdown -- she found that there was a lot of demand at all the Dog rescue centres as other people had the same idea at the same time. But a new neighbour moved in near her, and Fate took a hand.

Diane, I'm so sorry your employment stopped and you seem to have been dealt more than your share of bad luck. Best wishes in managing to get your financial help. Fingers crossed....
  • Been having a really productive day with the magazine after being very lazy yesterday, but I did want to pop in to say thanks to everyone for all the thoughts for the three of us - J was very happy with his appointment ; it was worth the trip. He had some tests so there will be some communication re results, and may be further visits there or things that can be sorted nearer home. Sorry I didn't let you know when they arrived home - I suddenly gave in to feeling exhausted when I no longer had to keep trying to do things for myself.
  • OG - I'm glad all is well with you & yours. {{{HUGS}}}