WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• HEATHER -- Was it your birthday yesterday? You should have given us a hint! :-)

I hope your lovely family have spoilt you. Belated Good WIshes!! xx
  • Belated Birthday wishes Clare. Hope you had a good day, and took some lovely photos.

Also belated Birthday greetings to Heather. OG always remembers, when the rest of us have rusty memories.
  • Glad you are back home again AQ, and not feeling too bad. Not good about the lockdown, but probably not such a bad effect on you at the moment. I hope you can get some rest and wish you well.

Lovely pics of Tatton Lindy. I went there some time ago. I think we spent most of the time in the gardens, but the park looks lovely. Perfect place to go for a walk just now.
  • OG: Thanks for reminding us of birthdays. You can tell it all falls apart when you miss a day or two!
    Happy Belated Birthday to Clare - and Heather too.

Just back from Costco where it seems another Toilet Paper Panic is underway. I must've missed the e-mail....
  • LOL!! Annette. I'm well stocked up, I did it by stealth, just buying a few but often....
  • I had a sneaky birthday -
    I didn't tell a soul
    I figured if I kept it quiet
    I wouldn't be another year old!(er)
  • AQ, Wonderful that you are home and had stocked up in anticipation of not going out for some time.

Clare and Heather, Belated Happy Birthday wishes to both of you. Hope you had as good a day as possible despite Covid restrictions.

OG, Hope your actions combating the pain will work.

Hope everyone else is coping with their various issues in this peculiar year.

Thinking of the news yesterday made me think of Christmas--hope things work out for all of you for whatever you and your families choose to do over the holidays. We'll have Christmas alone this year just as we did in 2019 (and Mr GB said he preferred it that way!) Luckily, I am happy either way--with loads of people about or alone with him. We had seen family and and a few friends both before and after Christmas and so had the best of both worlds anyway. The reason we'd seen family not at Christmas was that the younger generation wanted to spend Christmas with their partner's families so fair enough. I expect this year we will have several online visits. When I was in my 20s, my sister and her husband moved back to the area where my parents lived, having lived1000s of miles away for nearly 2 years. We decorated the avocado tree in the lounge with Christmas ornaments, wrapped presents and had Christmas in July to welcome them home. To each their own but my choice is to do the same this year--put off the joint celebrations to a time when getting together will be safer (with or without the Christmas decorations!)

Kind regards, Ann

• So many pages to catch up and some lovely pictures to look at. Belated birthday wishes to CLARE & HEATHER.

Day 1 of Lockdown and OH is bored; his own fault for not going out last week (he couldn’t be bothered). My routine is - if a choice of 2 dates, take the first, then if something happens, I still have the second. Yesterday panic buying again, long queues waiting to enter stores, some items were limited to 2 per customer. A bottle shop in Port Pirie normally takes $3,000 on a Wednesday, by 6 pm they had sold $35,000. Long queues for covid testing stations with some waiting for 8 hours. Incredible scenes. No new cases today but 17 under investigation which I guess means they have symptoms & are waiting for lab results.

I was prepared for my “lockdown” – a week unable to drive so I am not bothered. I do feel tired, not surprising so soon after, and I am reading and snoozing. Biggest decision is which of the prepared meals in freezer will we eat next. I must make more of an effort to cheer OH.

• Just a thought

Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.

• GARDENBIRDER – As our family expanded, my mother could not cope with everyone on C-mas DSay. Us four would visit on a nearby Sunday. Since m-i-l grew too old, sis-i-l & and I have taken alternate years to host our largish family gathering. 2019 OH & I decided we could not cope any more. So we had a quiet dinner for two at home (turkey roll + trimmings and a mini version of choc cream pie). We saw the Daus & families separately. It makes the celebrations last longer.