WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• AQ Great to hear your news.
  • Clip

I stared, I squinted at the pages
    I seemed to have been trying for ages
    To get a good view of the words:
    I know it sounds to you, absurd
    But I was trying to read a recipe for dip
    With my glasses held together with a small
    Paperclip.....
  • Goodness, Dibnlib: you are working hard to get yourself back on track. Hope all the exercises help.
  • OG. Good that you have a nice distraction in the planning of the new kitchen and it's contents. Enjoy!!
  • Ha ha LINDY ! Thank you for the poem :-)
  • Morning all:  I see that Nicola has forbidden travel in some parts of Scotland. Hope that's not affecting too many folks on here.

AQ;  Great to see  you home and hope you're not too uncomfortable.  Now's the time to make OH realize how much you do.  He can open a can I hope and make cups of tea.  Good you've got supplies in re the lockdown.  A shock indeed.  I dragged myself off to the gym Monday and am so glad because now the equipment not moved to the patio will be off limits for Lord-knows how long.

Lindybird:  Tatton Park looks like a lovely place to walk.  At first glance at the first photo, I thought the deer were cricket players with a chap getting ready to bowl.  (It's all this talk of new specs.)

OG: Some of the exercises for planter fasciitis that I know could be difficult given your mobility issues but sounds like there's a plan in place.  Sorry about the frustration with the lack of 'real' people.  It seems to encompass everything right now.  When is the kitchen work going to start?

dibnlib:  Yes, it takes real diligence to sort out PF.

Clare: If you need help moving folks out of the White House, let me know.

Heather: Actually leather is more cool than hot (from my experience) and slippery too, which is why I don't like it too much. 

Cloudy with chance of showers today.  :-)

• At least the recliner is now sorted, Annette. Or at least, I hope so..

Yes, the deer in the pics were mostly females and teenagers, which are white and pale brown. The males are much darker and much bigger. Some of the youngsters looked almost completely white today, so could be albino - I will be looking out for them next spring as they will be striking adults!

• Evening all from a mild but windy Suffolk. Been at work today so just caught up and so pleased that AQ is home and can now rest and recover.

To all those with ailments I hope you recover soon.

Lots of talk in the news here about what will happen when the lockdown ends (or doesn't end) on December 2nd and what sort of Christmas we can all have.

Whilst I would love to get together with all of my family, I would rather make the sacrifice now until maybe March, so that we can get this thing done for good or until a proven vaccine is approved and rolled out. But I know that a lot of people would be against this, especially the poor people i care homes and their families who have been apart for so long.

I'm looking forward to the weekend already - not sure why as I have nowhere to go Slight smile

• I have just remembered today is CLARE’s birthday! So belated wishes – hope you have enjoyed a lovely day!
    I hope somebody here remembered HEATHER’s birthday yesterday, too!

DIBNLIB – sorry, I forgot you had also been having heel pain. I think mine is due to living in flat shoes – and mostly slippers this year! Going to try wearing my sandals around the house instead and will check with podiatrist tomorrow. I know well the problem of exercising for one joint when others are screaming out in agony! I am already taking co-codamol (paracetamol and codeine) – the anti-inflammatory turned out not to be Ibuprofen , but one to be taken once a day, with something for protecting my stomach etc.

ANNETTE – hoping that OH won’t be stopped from driving out of Lothians to come back home on Friday – if J can keep his hospital letter and not hand it in, they can prove their travel is essential! Final choices for kitchen are not yet decided – OH has an appointment at the showroom on Sunday. Should then be able to book for a date in March 2021!
    HARELADY – I think talk of a 5-day holiday from restrictions is dangerous – and here in Scotland some people would repeat it the next week for Hogmanay. I have already decided that, if Dau#1 and appendages want to visit here from England, I shall say “sorry, no”. I think the darker days are making the weeks seem extra-long – and I don’t even work!

On that note, I shall go and put my feet up!
  • CLARE -- Happy Birthday!! Didn't know till just now that it was your special day, so sorry we've not been sending our good wishes! I do hope that you've enjoyed your day :-))