WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020

Hallo all!  Hope Friday 13th was uneventful (we still have 7 hours to go here).

Here's to a good new week for everyone.

• Thanks, Annette. Enjoy your time with your friend!

• Thanks ANNETTE. We continue watch the events in your land, wondering what next..

LINDA – the χmas pageant was timed to be TV’ed 7-9 pm. I found it disappointing. It started with messages from sponsors & back-patting waffle, a pop-concert song & dance, before the floats paraded around the oval with masses of girls dancing in the centre. I guessed the girls were there to entertain the dads rather than the kids (some moves a bit risque). Not a good view of the floats, camera too far away and too quick to return to the dancers, not to mention long views of the commentators waffling. I decided the event was a combination of the usual street parade and carols by candlelight. Some of the kids in the stands looked far too young to know what was happening. I hope Dau taped it and can fast forward over the boring bits. PS. I saw my first χmas pageant as a Uni student.

Nasty day, high fire danger. My car was washed as I left church, just a sudden “tropical” splash. Later thunder. Cool change expected late pm.

• I like failure because it is so easy to achieve.

Why do we grieve failures longer than we celebrate wins? (Komal Kapoor)

Whenever you feel like a failure, just remember that even Coca Cola only sold 25 bottles their first year.

• I know there are a lot of differences between the west side of the pond and the east, but as far as I know, it's Sunday 15 November on both sides ... I think we're all a bit like that at the moment. Every day is the same and it's only the reminder at the bottom of my computer screen which tells me the date!

Lots of heavy rain overnight, and still falling now. I have a feeling that's the end of the 'long walk' around our grounds until the spring - it gets waterlogged over the winter and it's more like a 'long swim'!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. No congregations allowed at church services during our lockdown No. 2, so yet again I will be relying on the brilliant online resources from Central Hall, Westminster.
  • Not good news for our state this evening. After months with no community covid transmission & only cases with repatriated Aussies from overseas, our state is under serious threat. Someone working in a medi-hotel (where returnees quarantine) has the virus & spread it to their family. One of them visited a supermarket & hospital while infectious. Now 90 staff & patients in ED at said hospital are in isolation, I expect more locations revealed by tomorrow as authorities “contact trace”. In future all workers in medi-hotels will be tested weekly. Some of us have been saying how complacent people have become.
  • AQ - So sorry to hear that. Your area was doing so well, and was an example to the rest of the world. I think complacency has kicked in everywhere, and that's why the numbers are growing so quickly. If anything good can come out of the situation, let's hope people realise there is no place for complacency and we all have to keep to the rules, however difficult and unpleasant they are - we need to work together to beat this virus.
  • Thank you, ANNETTE
    My head is full of replies to you all but can't quite connect fingers with brain !
    Just wanted to share that grandson has been acquitted of the driving charge. It has been a long time, almost three years.
  • Heather - So pleased to hear the news. Hopefully your grandson - and the whole family - will be able to put that dreadful time behind them and get on with their lives. You must be so relieved.
  • I'm happy for him and you, Heather.
  • Good Morning. Late on parade as we had a bit of a slow start today.

Heather, that's wonderful news for you and all your family. It's been a long time,and must have been a strain. Now hopefully, he can put it behind him.

Thank you to Annette for starting us off again. Hope you are having a good time with your friend.