Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week! Peace and comfort to all who are facing adversity. 

Be sure to check back to last week's thread to read Lindy's wonderful poem and other posts!

Stay strong, friends!

Florida Sunrise 
Photo labeled "public domain" (copyright free)

• aquilareen said:

Don't know what happened there. Try again

EDIT - And then I forgot the link to silver gull.

Beautiful, thank you very much!

Funnily enough our native herring gull's Latin name is larus argentatus, which means silver gull.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, we've had gull heaven here for you. Hundreds of gulls (who presumably have never seen the sea in their lives) have been following the plough as the local farmers plough and sow for next year's crops.
  • Hey, folks. In case anyone hasn't heard the news: Pfizer, the international pharmaceutical company, has announced that it has a COVID-19 vaccine that has tested 90% effective in a large clinical trial. The U.S. Dow (stock market) has surged 1,526 points on the news. INFO HERE

• It's good news, Diane. I understand that there are at least 6 different companies working hard to find an effective vaccine. Of course, they're saying it won't be The End of the pandemic, but at least it will help.

It's rumoured here that our latest spike may have (EDIT:   HAVE....) reached its peak already and be on its way down, but no way to tell for two weeks. Fingers crossed!

• LINDY Went out to our doorstep at 1100 yesterday. Glad to say there were others doing the same.

Just loved your poem....genius
  •  AQ  loving you quotes as always.  Take good care of yourself.

Not sure if I posted any of OHs pics from a couple of days ago......sunset at North Kessock.  He has just gone there again, hoping to get some even more interesting pics.

• Morning all:

Diane:  Was just reading about the Pfizer vaccine; looks promising (what's the chance u-no-hoo will find some way to take credit?  He'll probably claim the results were withheld until after the election as part of a 'dark state' plot).   And here's something polite people might wag their fingers at me for:  Was reading a mystery novel the other week where a private investigator referred to a serial villain as "the t**d that won't flush."  Apologies to all sensitive folks for that, but it does seem appropriate right now.

dibnlib:  Lovely photo that!

Lots of errands today, plus visit to dentist.   Take care all.

• Thanks DIANE, have been reading. My main concern is that the virus will mutate...
  • Heather -- Apparently, the vaccine is not effective against the mutation which has now turned up in the mink.

Dibnlib -- You're too kind. I dashed the poem off, adding bits as I went, and not even knowing how it was going to end. But some of the words were rolling around in my head. I can usually see, later, where it could be better after editing. Love your photos.

Annette -- Being described as a t**d would be too flattering for someone like that.