Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and joyful week! Peace and comfort to all who are facing adversity. 

Be sure to check back to last week's thread to read Lindy's wonderful poem and other posts!

Stay strong, friends!

Florida Sunrise 
Photo labeled "public domain" (copyright free)

• Good evening. J had his Xray in Dumfries, but we have some doubt over the Edinburgh appt next week! A second letter came today. First one had “telephone” blanked out, this one is a copy written same day but saying “telephone”. But if they do mean it to be by phone, why have they sent travel and covid instructions? A mystery. Shall have to try to find out tomorrow.
    LINDA – our kitchen will probably not be done until March.
    HEATHER – we have a plinth-fitted heater near the back door and will be keeping it. There is a radiator which gives some warmth in the kitchen as well as in the dining room (which has another radiator the other end) because of the way the rooms are laid out.
    PAT – I think we only visited Wakehurst once on a visit to Auntie – she lived in Lindfield, near Haywards Heath and we used to try to see her about once every two years (travelling down from the north of England we had a lot of relatives to fit in!) and we visited different gardens in the area each time. Where is the Masters? Is it at Wentworth – I only caught a glimpse of the trees when the TV was talking about it!
    ROSY – pleased to see that your OH wasn’t kept waiting any longer for his procedure. I do hope he will make good progress.
    Looks as if tomorrow here will mostly be spent on the phone with several things to be sorted out; why is nothing straightforward these days (don’t try to answer that one!) J’s car has not yet been returned; over a week to give it a new wing mirror does seem rather excessive – but maybe it’s coming from abroad.
  • Rosy, best wishes for your Other Half in his recovery. A rather worrying time for you, as I know a lot of people are anxious about going into hospital during the pandemic, but I saw a doctor on TV saying that actually there are such stringent measures in place, it's safer in there than outside!

Irish Cream worktops sound lovely. If we "do" ours, I have no idea what colour I would choose, nor indeed what kind of material. My late Friend spent an inheritance on having granite worktops installed, and although her cottage kitchen is tiny, they were so heavy it took about five men to carry them in from the street! They are a beautiful colour of honey and speckled with tiny flecks red and orange, which sounds terrible but looks wonderful. She was thrilled and said that the best part was they didn't show crumbs!

• OG - The Masters will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA - there are usually wonderful scenes of the famous azaleas which are in full flower at the time, but this year it's been rescheduled from summertime to the present.

Pat - My OH will be following the Masters, as he is feeling deprived of his golf at the moment. It's rather annoying, as it's a very "outside" sport and up to now they've been playing and keeping their social distance from each other.
  • OG - Good that J's X Ray is all done, perhaps it will help them decide what's best to do.

Sent my OH out to buy bread, local paper and milk, and had to stop him at the door to remember to take a shopping bag with him. He said that the supermarket was almost deserted.
  • Rosy - there are lots of lovely woodland walks at Wakehurst. I would hesitate to suggest which one you may have taken.

OG - I used to live in Lindfield! I now live about ten miles away.

In haste, as I am supposed to be concentrating on a Zoom meeting ... I think I can call it multi-tasking!
  • Slowly getting rid of them, only one was trapped last night out of the three we placed so hopefully we are getting to the end of the infestation. Will set some more tonight and see what happens.

Been a bright day today, starting off damp but the sun soon appeared.
    Expecting a shop tomorrow, fortunately can still get slots but tend to book 2 weeks at a time and them sort final orders out nearer the time. Works for me although more often than not an item is substituted or not available which us usually the item I want.

Have a good weekend all and don;t forget to post pics of anything, always lifts the spirits.
  • Beautiful spring day, blue sky, fluffy clouds. Alas for my photo plans, I woke feeling dizzy. After breakfast I went back to bed and slept until 10.30. I now feel OK but have decided not to push my luck and stay home rather than tramp around Port Adelaide looking for old buildings. No idea the cause – I had the usual night’s sleep broken in two. Dau#2 phoned. She is collecting her father, then me on discharge day. I invited her to lunch, provided she opens the cans of soup!
  • A diamond is a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.

My birthstone is a coffee bean.

My birthstone is a wine cork.

• Evening all;

OG:;  No, no.  Do NOT feel guilty about remodeling the kitchen.  It's such a big part of your and EE's life.  It should be a real pleasure.   We have granite in the kitchen - a lovely warm mix of colors.  My only complaint is that it's hard to see drips and spots when I go to clean it.    Hope you get J's Edinburgh appt sorted.   Too bad they didn't get the wing mirror in hand before you dropped off J's car.

Lindybird:  All clean for the holidays?  I was planning to have all the windows cleaned when the painters were done., but....    Ha!  Just read about your friend's granite top and the hard-to-see crumbs. Sometimes I don't notice how - ahem - grubby it ls until the sun slides along it - aaack!

Rosy:  Let us know how your OH is doing.

Friend from LA will be here tomorrow for the weekend.  We'll hang out, go for walks and catch up....

Take care everyone.

• Good Morning. Sudden sharp showers in the night but the sun is coming out now. Definitely more wintry now, though.

AQ: Hope the dizziness was just a temporary blip. My birthstone is a teabag.....

Today is World Kindness Day, so everyone needs to spread a little love...