Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone enjoys the Full Blue Moon! The second full moon in a month. 

Be safe and healthy all! 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Good Morning. Another pink sky, here.

Annette, poor ol' Guy Fawkes hardly gets a mention these days. It's all about the fireworks. In Liverpool on the 5th, there was an unlicensed and illegal gathering where they managed to hold a mass display which got out of hand and fireworks were aimed into the crowd. Elsewhere, they were thrown at the police. Locally here, I saw film clips of terrified horses in stables where they could hear the loud bangs. Fireworks here are now much louder and more powerful (and expensive) and there are petitions up to try and get them banned from public sale, with only public, controlled & licensed displays.

AQ - Thanks for the links, very interesting. Poor whale must be confused.

Off to get my food shop done, & a quick visit to give Sue some poppies - I bought some adhesive ones to stick in my window and one in my car. Sad that the Remembrance services will not be the same this year.
  • Annette - I've not seen one Guy this year - It was a big thing when I was a kid and we all thoroughly enjoyed making ours and pushing them around in prams and pushchairs.

Here is Suffolk we are set for a bright day with a high of 14 degrees but rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Keep safe and well all and enjoy the weekend.

• OG - hope that J gets his x rays soon. My son is waiting for the same.
    Don't talk to me about fireworks ! Next door, who obviously have more money than sense, had a firework party two nights ago. It seemed to go on for ever, was very noisy and I found several rocket sticks in my garden, yesterday. They must have farmed their Jack Russell out for the evening.
    I'm cooking pork and apple sausages for lunch. Never had them before so don't know what to expect.
  • I hated the sausages ! Too sweet for me and a strong taste of cinnamon. I like cinnamon but not in a sausage. The remaining ones are going into the food waste bin.
  • Heather - What a shame. They sounded so nice. These days it seems difficult to give ourselves a treat ...

Lovely and sunny now, after a rather murky and misty start. In the sun it's really quite warm.

Hope everyone is coping with the second lockdown. Thoughts to all those struggling in various ways. All I'm struggling with today is three successive Zoom chats - one really nice social one with the family this morning, the second will be a rather difficult church meeting, the third will be a fairly straightforward monthly meeting, which I will be hosting. By the end of that I will have square eyes - and it will be dark so I can't even get out for some fresh air..

Annette and Diane - How are you bearing up? From this side of the Pond it appears the Orange Peril will be voted out, but will he go quietly? Not a chance! More difficult times for you all, I suspect.
  • PAT - don't like the sound of a difficult meeting...
    I agree, hard times for our US friends. I think that DIANE will be a little blue light in a very red Indiana. Take care, DIANE.
  • Thank you, Heather. Not as difficult as it might have been, but whenever you get about twenty people together trying to come to a consensus, it's never easy! However, it's done - decision made - onward and upward!
  • HEATHER Shame about the sausages, they sounded yummy. Also shame that you don't live close enough for Benson to finish them off. They used to have a butcher in Fochabers who liked to try out all sorts of different sausages. When a friend hosted BBQs she would test them out for him. I think pork, white chocolate and raspberry was the strangest. Unfortunately I think he moved away.

My OH has just gone out to North Kessock hoping to get some good sunset pictures. We have had some amazing sunsets over the last few days, so hope he is lucky. I have decided to get on with the ironing instead.

OG hope J gets his X-rays soon. He is suffering all sorts of problems at the moment, not good for any of you.
  • It's been a really beautiful day here, with little wind, bright sunshine on the remainder of the bronze leaves everywhere, and a feel of "a real autumn day."

Pat, commiserations on having to Zoom so much - one in a day is enough for me! At least you all reached a decision on one of them.

Heather, our local supermarket does pork & apple sausages but we were not particularly impressed with them, thought they were a bit "meh" as a friend of mine used to say. We are getting stuck in our ways now as we really love their version of Cumberland sausages.

Went to see Sue with a cheery bunch of carnations and had a gossip. I think it will hit her later on when she can't go and spend time with her family. On the way there and back, I drove down roads lined with colourful trees, so cheering.
  • ps. Enjoyed my outing as you can tell, but after our lunch of scrambled eggs on toast I felt really weary. Sat down and promptly fell asleep.....