Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone enjoys the Full Blue Moon! The second full moon in a month. 

Be safe and healthy all! 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Just a couple of comments.

Best wishes to AQ.

DIBNLIB - one big stick for one small dog How old is Benson now?

I shall not try to catch up beyond those comments as I know I shan't get far. Wasn't at all well yesterday, even used the chair to get up and down the corridor! Much less pain today, so far, able to walk and also feeling better. We did get our hair done yesterday, and it was good to have a chat with Nicole as she did it. OH seemed to be very busy all day, and in the evening we even started a boiled fruit cake which we shall bake this afternoon. He is cleaning the dining room this morning.

J's day was not good, due to one particular child, but he seems to have sussed out some problems which had not been noted before. He was quite relaxed in the evening, but unfortunately I wasn't and when we are stressed we make each other worse. Everyone slept quite well, and J was okay this morning. His car was collected (to AYR!) yesterday so is being driven to and from work - this afternoon OH will pick him up at the doctor's.

Weather is reasonable - dry but a bit dull. Birds and Mice are enjoying time without rain - Wood Mice are caching food for winter, but Dunnocks know where to find it! Coal Tit also seems to be taking food to a store at the end of the garden!
  • OG Sorry to hear you have been stressed out, and unfortunately it is a bit like yawning, it is catching. It is good to have all the wildlife to help take your mind off things.

Benson is 7 years and 8 months old. It took me a while to get used to having a small dog but we love him to pieces. He is such a personality. I still have to say hello to any "Goldie" we pass when out walking. A near neighbour posted a pic of their Goldie out getting very muddy on his walk. I do remember those days well, the muddier the better as far as ours were concerned. We have been lucky to enjoy glorious sunshine over the past few days and it looks as if it will continue into next week.

We got an invite to House of Bruar pre sale in the post.Their sale is always very well attended - think Harrods. Last year we were travelling down to my Uncles funeral and intended to stop off but soon changed our minds when we saw they had marshalls manning the car park. I have no doubt that despite the restrictions, those living in the central belt where they are on level 3 will not be able to resist the temptation. Not a good idea!!!

Thinking of all of you.
  • OG -- So sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I hope that the pain continues to ease. I see that E-E is keeping up his sterling work of taking care of you all, what a trouper!

I've been busy as wanted to post a gift to our d.in.law for her birthday next week. Problem is that our local P.Office is nowadays situated inside another shop, and that shop has just shut down for about 3 weeks for a refit! As all of the other nearby sub post offices have shut down in recent years, that means that all in our town have to find a way to get to one in nearby villages and towns. The nearest is where my OHs sister Sue lives, and we've heard that the parking problems this has caused, plus the overcrowding in the shop has caused chaos!!

So I drove off to another town, where I was quite surprised to see how many people were in the streets, as most of the shops are shut, of course. The supermarkets are open & so I popped into one & managed to pick up a few useful things. Drove back down a road lined with many mature trees looking so beautiful in the autumn sunshine.

Edit: : Did get to post my parcel successfully, and on enquiring, found that they had stock of the new Christmas stamps so was able to buy them, too - really pleased!.

• Morning all and thanks for news.

OG: Have to agree with dibnlib that stress is a bit like yawning.  Do hope things smooth out soon and stay calm.  

Lindybird::  My OH will help with housework  -  but it's almost not worth the bother.  (I think it's a learned disability.)  :-)

I guess things are looking up here - if you can call having the country split almost completely down the middle a good thing....    But I'm still waiting for the fat lady to show up.....

• We've been hanging on to the news bulletins to keep up with whether the fat lady is in the wings, yet, Annette... I see that things were beginning to look hopeful until a call went out for a recount, so it could still be a while before she clears her throat to sing.
  • Doc is referring J for knee X-rays.

My rheumatology phone consultation has been put back a month to 14th December! Due to "unforeseen circumstances"!

Think I can say I have had a good day today - and all calm tonight - it's Saturday tomorrow!!
  • Nice to have a bit of calm, OG! Hope you're feeling better.

It's noisy here - more fireworks, even louder than yesterday.
  • Lindybird: Oh right - Guy Fawkes day.   Do kids still wheel him around in barrows/push chairs or am I hopelessly out of date?

And still we wait......

• The problem with OH’s vacuuming is that he is so thorough, he rarely moves out of one room. . . and then forgets the rest of the house for ages. Some positive-sounding news this afternoon (here) as counters went to bed (there).

Update on the humpback whale that was in Kakadu in September.

News of release of stick-nest rats

• Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze? (Jean Kerr)

Science may never come up with a better office communication system than the coffee break. (Carl Wilson)

Sometimes I go hours without drinking coffee. . . it’s called sleeping.