Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone enjoys the Full Blue Moon! The second full moon in a month. 

Be safe and healthy all! 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Oh HARELADY, how awful for you x Sending big hugs, will come back on here tomorrow when more alert x

• Thinking of everyone tonight - so many diverse problems but can't get my head around actual replies tonight. All okay here with now boiler on!
  • Good evening, all. I'll confess that I'm thinking of my two younger nieces in California. They were born and raised in America - their mother is English while their father's parents migrated from Mexico. I find it utterly unforgivable that, under the current administration, their mother (my older sister) is entirely welcome in the country while their father and his family are viewed negatively. The Orange Knob needs to look at his history and remember that every non-Native American is descended from immigrants. We're all human - this is the twenty-first century and it's high time that we stopped persecuting people for looking different.

I'm keeping everything crossed for the right result this week.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Harelady, sorry to hear your news. I'm not surprised that your son tried not to worry you with his redundancy, though. He will be anxious, naturally, but you never know what might turn up. It's best to be optimistic.

Also horrible for your daughter to have to deal with Lunas dad - some people are what we used to call "born awkward!". My sympathy on both problems.

Heather, I see you've also got a few things to think about. I wish I could suggest something re the shop but can only agree that he tries to deliver. People do seem to be treating themselves to things in view of the present situation, so maybe he could do special offers on multiple numbers of items.
  • Clare, you came on whilst I was wittering. Your sister has my sympathy, caught up in the present situation and innocent of any wrong wrongdoing, just trying to live their lives. Bah!
  • Clare, you came on whilst I was wittering. Your sister has my sympathy, caught up in the present situation and innocent of any wrong wrongdoing, just trying to live their lives. Bah!
  • I see that both I and OG are now guilty of multiple posts again - and I'm not even on my tablet, which usually seems to be the cause!
  • To distract you, here is the state of play on the jigsaw - -

Some days I've not touched it at all  & some days I've only put in one piece, but today I put in about 7!!

Goodness knows if I'll ever get it finished. My OH refuses to have anything to do with it, LOL!!

• That'll keep you out of mischief, Lindy.

I've finally been through my 700+ Snettisham photos - if anyone would like to look click on this adorable dunlin:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird said:
    innocent of any wrong wrongdoing

She's certainly been up to plenty of the right wrongdoing!!  Her daughters are now in their thirties and, I imagine, voting against the Orange Knob.