Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 November 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone enjoys the Full Blue Moon! The second full moon in a month. 

Be safe and healthy all! 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Just a thought

Life is not what you alone make it. Life is the input of everyone who touched your life and every experience that entered it. We are all part of one another. (Yuri Kochiyama)

• AQ: Please send warmth my way!!! The low temp will be -4.4 C (that's a minus 4) or 24F here tonight. My body isn't acclimated to the cold yet! Also, it's really windy. I hope you enjoy your books. I'm going to town Tuesday morning and stock up on food and supplies. Maybe I should include a trip to my library.
  • Evening all:   That extra hour came in  handy today - deep-cleaned bathrooms, put out new towels, etc. then showed the vacuum cleaner to the living room, then off outside to rake the parkway before the street sweepers come by tomorrow morning.  Rewarded myself with shower, glass of wine - well, okay, two and a bit - and chat to friend and then salmon and broccoli for dinner.  Oh, just had mini chocolate cone.  :-)

AQ;  Am recording a program from our PBS Nature series called 'Australian Bushfire Rescue."  Good you stocked up with books.  Had no idea Aussies were involved in the US Civil War.  Sounds like you have a nice selection.

PatO:  Your drive through the trees in the rain sounds lovely.

I hope the four week lockdown goes quickly for UK folks and that there's some relaxation of the rules for Xmas.

• Good Morning. Damp, grey & dreary here today after another windy night, but we are promised calmer but colder weather this week. So I'll be glad of AQs package of warmth.

Glad you managed to stock up on books, AQ. Thinking of you this week and hope progress is made on your health situation.

Interest is building here in the USA Election. Of course, it will have an impact on all of us. Some folk complained recently that good old Auntie BBC has been showing a bias by depicting Trump at his worst, but then how can you report on the election without showing him making his ranting, ridiculous speeches!!! !!!
  • Lindy - It would be difficult to find anything other than 'worst', wouldn't it? Offhand I can't think of any saving grace to balance what the Beeb has been showing, although they have tried their best, I think. It's all a bit scary ...

AQ - You seem to have a lovely selection of books. The temptation must be to start on them now - but hope you manage to resist and save them until they are really needed!

It's horrible outside. Very windy, raining and miserable. But unseasonably mild. Not that anyone would notice, as we are all shut into our burrows and peering through the rain-coated windows.

Take care, everyone, and have a good week.
  • Hello all - thank you, DIANE -
    I'm up to date with everyone's news, thank you.
    Things here are toddling along, My brother continues to improve following his stroke. France is in full lockdown so opportunities for shopping etc very limited. Exercise must be limited to walking no more than one km.
    Grandson Callum has been to court but the case has been adjourned for two weeks. Apparently, some witness statements were vague, non specific. It is almost three years since the event, now.
    My son has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and hypertension. He is awaiting an appointment regarding his knee pain. He has been told in no uncertain terms, by his GP, that all his problems stem from being overweight. He also has sleep apnoea and uses a cpap machine. She didn't let that one go, either ! and warned him that if he caught Covid he would be starting from a very bad place. He needed to hear that and is finally acknowledging some personal responsibility for his physical problems.
    Sorry not to post any cheerful updates but just thought I'd tell it like it is! I promise not to go on and on.....
    Before I go - son is worrying about whether to keep his (Our) shop open during lockdown in England. This is the period when so many small businesses make most money, the run up to Christmas. Most of my family are trying to support local businesses where possible, as long as they are trading. A surprising amount of them are offering online and phone orders.
    Regards to all

• Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday – still not back to normal, feeling very “edgy”. Enjoyed “Strictly” again and felt the result last evening was perfectly correct – poor Anton!

Gas engineer here since 8am. Lots of strange noises – we have a barricaded area in the kitchen but he will have to walk through the house as has decided to move the flue through the roof (has always been through the wall before).
    J hit a car yesterday when he went out to get his packed lunch for today. “Hit” makes it overdramatic, as it was just wing-mirror to wing-mirror of a parked car. Repair has been authorised, and E-E enlisted for lifts to and from work!

DIBNLIB – pleased Benson’s walk happened. I have often wondered whether you meet people we know when you are in Culloden Woods – lady with up to four kids and three dogs and taking many photos – a lot of them macros of wee beasties. They are the new family of our ex-Son-in-Law, and the elderly dog was one of the two he had with our Daughter (it’s brother died last year).

LINDA – we are still seeing multiple visitors in the house opposite although we are not allowed any visiting. We are told we should report people, but haven’t been courageous yet!

PAT – pleased there was some pleasure in your Sunday journey, despite the rain. Trees here are still hanging on to a lot of leaves because there has been no frost – what I would call a “dirty autumn”.

AQ – hope you successfully hung your washing today – at least it dries quickly in your current weather,

DIANE – looks as if you didn’t get groceries last week when planned – I hope you will be safe going on Tuesday. Sudden extreme change in your weather. Take care.

ANNETTE – you made good use of the extra hour – well done. Problem with UK lockdown is that it isn’t the whole UK – just England! Our region of Scotland borders with the worst in England and to the north the current worst in Scotland – so we get an influx of people looking for places to drink!

HEATHER – difficult decision re whisky shop – but I seem to remember and increase in online sales during previous lockdown. Sorry about your Son’s health and Callum’s wait though the adjournment.
  • SunnyKate - Just seen this on the news. Amazing! I hope the sculptor is credited with saving the driver's life.
  • I just saw it, too, and then had the job of trying to describe the scene to my OH, afterwards! Then I said "You'll just have to wait and then see it online, later, as it's bound to turn up!"

Dry here and the odd watery sunbeam is trying to get through the clouds. We went together to the chemists as we each had a gripe about our prescriptions which needed sorting out. We used to be able to rely on their excellent service, but in the last few years, seem to have constant hiccups in the ordering of prescriptions. Ho hum. Hopefully sorted out - till next time!! Then picked up groceries in the local Aldi so that we can stock up on a few things in the face of the lockdown - I shall want to go out as little as possible.