Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy week with moments of joy and contentment!

Stay strong, my friends. 

Some of you may like this Facebook post from Dr. Sharon Blackie, Irish psychologist and mythologist. HERE

• Just a thought

There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them. (Lawrence Welk)

• Good morning, all. It's dry here and I'm off for a swim in a while. Hope you all have a good day!
  • Good Morning. Misty again here, and a stone cold house to awake to as we forgot to turn up the heating before we went to bed!

AQ: Absolutely love your quote for today...

Annette: Sorry you had a stop start journey back. Glad you're home safe.

Clare: Go for it!!!
  • It seems that most of us have had times of hitting rock bottom at some point, but all have also had the experience of climbing out of the pit – sometimes all the way, at other times part way and sliding back in so we just have to have another new beginning. Wherever you are today, just keep on keeping on and feel the love here among friends.

CLARE – the “job” which you have now is a vocation, and don’t let anyone belittle it. My OH is the full-time carer for me, and I know how hard it is. Stay strong and be happy and I hope you enjoyed the swim.

LINDA – love that poem. Just had a laugh at you turning up heating when you go to bed – we always turn ours down!

ANNETTE – thanks for letting us know you arrived safe at home after the frustrations of the journey – and pleased it was a good visit. Please rest today!

AQ – a timely quote!

A “no weather day” here – but so good to look out on the tidy lawns – OH doesn’t often get round all the grass in one day. Allegedly a wet day for us but we seem to be on the edge of everything. No real plans for the day, except to order a Morrison’s delivery which always seems to take a long time finding the items we want! We got up earlier this morning to progress J back to early starts – good practice as he has an optician appointment on Thursday morning. Keep on keeping on!
  • Very wise, kind words from OG.

I also love the quote AQ.

I have just been in the garden rearranging the herbs. I did it in the least disruptive way possible, as I did not want a long task, and too many plants out of the ground at once. My neighbour who is not a gardener offered to help. I asked her just to tell me it looked fine. Which she did.
    I do not want to upset our gardener as he has personal and health problems, and he has been here longer than I have.
  • Unknown said:
    CLARE – the “job” which you have now is a vocation, and don’t let anyone belittle it. My OH is the full-time carer for me, and I know how hard it is. Stay strong and be happy and I hope you enjoyed the swim.

Thanks, OG.  I had a lovely swim.

Gym tomorrow!

• ROSY - pleased you did a little rearranging in the garden! Sounds as if the neighbour approved,

CLARE - your' re doing well - keep it up!

I had a silly afternoon, but all okay now . Had bacon croissant for tea - followed by raspberries. Back to main meals in the evening next week if J gets back to work, which he seems to be expecting to do; he had a telephone consultation with senior GP in the practice today and will be continuing the same medication.
  • Unknown said:
    Had bacon croissant for tea - followed by raspberries.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm .............. yummy!  I won't ask about the silly afternoon.

• Bacon.............croissant.......??