Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Thanks to DIANE for starting the new week - and another new moon already!

AQ - loved the Marsh Frog story!

ANNETTE - hope all goes smoothly for the trip to AZ and while you are there. Pleased about the young Fawn rescue.

HARELADY - as you say, difficult decision for your SiL - pleased she has a good relationship with her boss, and that they will look after the dog if she is in hospital for longer.

LINDA - had a good laugh at the relaxed Bonnie - ours sometimes fell off head first while lying like that!

A slow day today - one reason why this is my first visit to my PC! Ordered from various online sources yesterday and first parcel (slate placemats and coasters) arrived at lunchtime today! Had a nice chat with GD#2 on the phone this afternoon - she is back at uni some of the time, but also having virtual contact. She is more excited that placements have resumed so she is catching babies again! (for those who don't know, she is a 3rd year student midwife in York.)
  • Unknown said:
    She is more excited that placements have resumed so she is catching babies again!

I was going to say, I didn't think babies were contagious!

• LOL, Clare! One of my OHs young relatives is also in her 1st year of midwifery, I must use that term next time we see her.

AQ - I keep forgetting to say how much I laughed at the story of the frog!!!
  • Lindybird: New windows are for the Arizona house; not this one. I figured Bonnie had her head somewhere but who could sleep in that position!? Well, not me anyway.
  • Thank you Diane for again starting us off. Have a good week.
    Annette - hope windows get fitted for you and that you have a good stay in Arizona.
    Annette and Harelady - I hope both your relatives have good outcomes with the treatment chosen. Friend of mine has just finished a course of chemo with 3 wks inbetween each one. She has been told that the lesion has shrunk (lung( and has an appointment with her consultant next week to see how things really are, hopefully they will be able to get out after more than 6 months shielding re Covid.

Clare - look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Hi Lindybird and all of you. Been a reasonable day down here is somewhat chilly when the sun went in. Managed to get to church this week with my dau.
  • OG - that was nice for you and glad that your GD 2 is now back in placement. Hope she continues to enjoy her work.

Thanks for putting me right, Annette.

Well same ol routine for the week as OH finds it difficult to do much. Have a good week all.
  • For anyone who would like to see the picture which Annette described of her card showing two dinosaurs watching Noah's ark sailing away, just google Gary Larson dinosaurs, click 'view all' under the images in the top entry and scroll down. On our laptop the relevant cartoon appears in the 4th row down--can't miss it. Thought I recognised the style--he did lots of animals chatting to each other. Thanks, Annette! And it reminded me of my very favourite GL cartoon which you can see by googling Gary Larson Polar bears igloo (and which I've put the text of on another thread today): two Polar Bears starting to munch on an igloo and one says to the other, "Oh hey! I just love these things!...Crunchy on the outside and a chewy center!" (American spelling for authenticity!)
  • Thank you GARDENBIRDER for a good laugh. . . or two. . . or a dozen. . .
  • These comments were posted on our classical music site. They may require musical knowledge.

A student once asked me, ‘What's that hashtag doing on the stave?' (Diana)

In Portugal, I knew a 10-year-old girl, who had been doing her lessons on a digital keyboard. When she saw an acoustic piano for the first time, I explained to her how it worked. She got up from her chair and started to walk around the piano.
    She (looking all over): ‘Oh my! Where is it? Where is it?'
    Me: ‘What are you looking for?'
    She: ‘Where is the electrical cord to turn it on? How can it make any noise?' (Marta)

Looking to introduce some culture into my young children's lives, I had a CD of Pavarotti playing in the car. My daughter, aged three, said to me, ‘Mummy, why is that man yelling like that?' (Alison)

• Gardenbirder:   :-))   I like the dinosaur one where the speaker is warning his audience about the implications of climate change.