Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• Thanks DIANE. I see you have given good advice to those using Facebook. I have stayed clear – I am too busy with flickr pcs!

Yesterday a call went to MFS as someone heard a dog barking in a drain in Brighton (Adelaide beach suburb). 15 fireman attended, they opened manholes, listened & searched to no avail. Finally with the aid of YouTube they realized they were listening to a marsh frog. MFS not Metro Fire Service but perhaps Marsh Frog Search?

• Just a thought

Try Once More. Push yourself a little further, try once more a little harder, tell yourself, "Just one more step". Try again - and don't give up! (Karen Rene)

• Hi all and thank you Diane!!

Looks like I'll be heading to Arizona next week, assuming that when I call the window installer Monday late morning, he'll confirm we are set for Wednesday and Thursday. (New windows were delayed a week due to Covid.) Will stay Monday night in LA with old friend, then to Prescott Valley Tuesday.  

Re dogs and other animal rescues, was talking to granddaughter today.  She was on her way to investigate a report of a young fawn that had apparently been separated from its Mom and sibling and was stuck in a fenced field somewhere with no water. The guy who reported it said there was no water in the area where it was trapped.  Happy ending when they managed to send the critter on its way.   :-)

• OG -  My SIL's next treatment is scheduled for 23 Oct - so 3 weeks apart. She goes for blood tests and a nuclear scan on Thursday. The hospital have also suggested she has Stem Cell Therapy.

I knew nothing about this but upon reading what is entails and the time involved in process and recovery It is a hard decision to make.The first part where they harvest the stem cells will involve a 3-4 week stay in hospital. She has worked for the same family firm for over 40 years and her MD treats her like family and he has said they will have Pip at their house if she goes ahead with the treatment.

Clare - adore the young Blackbird! I had one in the garden yesterday the first for some time. The clarity of your photos is stunning - you must have a very good camera.

• Good Morning, & Thanks to Diane for starting us off.
  • Bonnie was very relaxed next to me on the sofa last night!!

• Unknown said:
    Clare - adore the young Blackbird! I had one in the garden yesterday the first for some time. The clarity of your photos is stunning - you must have a very good camera.

I've been using a different camera this year.  The camera I was previously using needs a replacement shutter - after five years of intense use the shutter gave up, after taking nearly a quarter of a million images!  Happily Limpy had a really good camera he wasn't using (he has two more up-to-date models) and I've been using it to great effect this year.

• Morning all:  

Harelady:  That's a hard decision, but from what I know (and that's darn little!) stem cell therapy could offer better survival options??   I guess it could also depend on your SiL's age and general health in addition to what type of cancer she has.  My own sister was diagnosed with multiple myeloma four years ago with an intense series of chemo treatments that she decided, at one point, weren't worth the side effects.  She was planning to forgo the last in the series until the doc pretty much begged her to complete the treatment.  She's now on monthly maintenance shots of a cocktail of drugs that is keeping the myeloma very well controlled and doing wonderfully (Covid apart!).  Will hold good thoughts for your SiL.   Sounds like she's got some wonderful support there....

Lindybird: I had a hard time figuring where Bonnie was in that bundle of hair and legs.  :-)

• Good evening, all. We had a lovely afternoon at Lackford Lakes today .......... but it's going to take me a while to go through 754 photos. Lackford's one of those places I get completely carried away in.

Harelady, keeping everything crossed for your sister-in-law.
  • Glad you had a good day at Lackford, Clare - it was sunny here all day.

Annette, I should perhaps have explained the picture!! - we were laughing, as her head is on the left, falling downwards off the sofa but she is asleep on her back with her legs in the air.

Hope you have a safe journey to AZ, but I'm not sure when as you seem to be having the windows done first.

We did some gardening, and then later, we saw our Youngest and family on Zoom. Little Rosie is staggering around now, and tries to say "Mumumum"