Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 October 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) occurs on 16 October, Friday.

I hope everyone stays healthy and experiences some joy this week. 

Stay strong, friends. 

• LINDY Sorry to hear your plans have been scuppered.

ANNETTE Had missed you were having windows done, Our workman arrived to install new windows this morning. He is a lovely man who was recommended by 2 neighbours. We had coffee at Brodie with a friend yesterday and she has asked if he will work as far as Fochabers where she lives. I am glad the answer was yes. We have put off having the windows done as I really had hoped to buy a bungalow in the area and then sell our house, but circumstances have changed and we will stay put. Luckily I do love where I live but not the fact we have stairs, so when needs be we will have to install a stair lift.
  • Another “dry day” – with rain again! Well, at least things get done indoors - cleaning day for lounge and hall/corridor today.

CLARE – happened upon the garden thread yesterday and enjoyed it

LINDA – I think maybe there is a low level – anyone who has not yet been declared medium, high or very high. Nicola is reported as spending the next week deciding on a similar three tier system here – getting nearer to a proper system for the whole UK – I still think we should have a full travel ban (I know this would include you, so sorry for that – maybe bring it in from next Sunday, how would that do?)

AQ – sorry meeting in park was cancelled – hopefully can happen on another day.

ANNETTE - good to see work progressed well on first day of windows in the AZ house. I hope you and Daughter get some time to relax together. Hope today proceeds smoothly.

DIBNLIB – I hope all goes well with your windows too! It saddens me to see you are contemplating the need for a stair lift - I think of you as so much younger than me! We have taken one step forward with new kitchen – but I have to send OH alone to the showroom because they can’t accommodate my access! But it is his kitchen now, so I suppose that is okay! And I know I shall have last word on design and colour scheme anyway, when they come to look at it. I have printed photos of the kitchen we installed at our previous house twenty years ago – just before we moved out as that was to my design.

Expecting two deliveries today – cheeses and greeting cards. Now going to search out a wee snack as beef bourguignon smells wonderful cooking slowly in the oven and making me hungry.
  • LINDA - just seen "Greater Manchester" is moving up to Covid Tier 3. Hope this will not affect you - just thought you may be already over the border anyway!
  • Clare - I had to go into Aldeburgh the other day and it was packed with visitors.

Most of the 2nd homes and the holiday lets all looked occupied. So like you I expect more to arrive from London now.

Lets hope we can keep out numbers low!

Heather - hope you are feeling a bit better.

Everyone else - stay safe!

• Unknown said:

I had to go into Aldeburgh the other day and it was packed with visitors.

Most of the 2nd homes and the holiday lets all looked occupied. So like you I expect more to arrive from London now.

It must drive the locals crazy.  Especially if they've got kids who can't afford anywhere at all.

Felixstowe doesn't seem to be a second-home-owner mecca (thankfully) though it very obviously attracts the well-off retired.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG Good luck with your kitchen.

I do hope I don't have to go down the stair lift route for a good while yet, but I do have osteoporosis in my right knee and I do already struggle with stairs, so I am sure the time will come. Anyway the first step is the new chair though I won't get that till January.
  • DIBNLIB - always best to be prepared - ever thankful that we saw the need to relocate when we did.
  • Just realised that I've not been on to say, we had a good journey in the sunshine, and arrived in time for a walk on our local beach, which is only about half a mile long, and very rocky and pebbley (pebbly?!). But we were the only ones there!
    Spoke to our Site Manager, and he said wearily that he keeps getting phone calls asking for advice - he can't keep up with the ever changing rules & regulations. Those here who are from Wales themselves, are not allowed now to move between the different areas of Wales. Those from Liverpool are not allowed here at all. Those from Manchester are OK if they're here already, but can't come after tomorrow..
  • Hello all, just dropped in after not posting since beginning of week. Nothing much happening here but it seems you have alll been busy with one thing or another.

OG -oh for a new kitchen, glad to see you are moving towards one and hope you get what you want.

Talking of M/CR possibly going to tier 3 that has put the kybosh on going to see my brother at half term. to celebrate his 70th which actually is tomorrow,.

dibnlib - hope the window fitting goes well and that the weather stays fine whilst they are being installed.

To me it is those who do not use their common sense and follow the guidance that seems to spread the virus. If only we were alll a little more thoughtful in our actions.

Have a good weekend all, weather looks as though we could be heading for more rain and wind!!