WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 4, 2020

Hallo all.   Don't fail to check back and see Lindybird's lovely pix of Anglesey.

Rosy:  That's a tough one; maybe suggest she not commit to do all the work until the leaves and rubbish are gone and she can see what she's up against.....  Good luck.

Wrote my last batch of letters to prospective voters - this time in Kansas.  Have been following the headlines, but as usual with this White House, it's impossible to know what's what.a

It's my daughter's 60th today.  We tend to celebrate both sides of birthdays, so she's been the recipient of several days of treats, flowers, gifts with more to come (most noticeably the recliner which has yet to arrive).  I was really hoping to be there for her birthday but the new windows were scheduled to be installed in the AZ house this coming week so we decided I'd come early for them.  But now they've been delayed a week thanks to Covid (we hope that's all!) so I'm now planning to go a week later. 

Take care everyone.

• Pleased that something can be done on FB when people die - another thing I need to take care of before I go!

PAT - Sheffield Park will be spectacular right now, I would think. Enjoy!
  • Clare: Them second shot of that gorgeous little blackbird on your linked page makes it look like it's on a runway in a fashion show, what with all the ruffles, flourishes and a look that makes it seem very self-aware.  Fat little critters aren't they?  :-)

Harelady:  Welcome home.  Will you be dog-sitting again for your SiL?    Interesting about that Bearded Vulture.

I was looking at some of the folks on the honors list and several seem to be regular folk who've gone well above and beyond for others during the pandemic.    I also remember Margo liking Joe Brown; don't know anything about Facebook (except I'm not a big fan of Mark Zuckerberg).

• Diane, I love your story of the rain crow.

More lovely pictures again Clare. Thank you.

OG and others, I also like Tommy Steele. I went to see him in Half A Sixpence years ago, when nurses used to get free theatre tickets. Does that make me very old? The tickets were much appreciated.
  • Thanks for your advice about FB, Diane: I had no idea. When we lost Clive, last year, who was an osprey watcher, I saw that a lot of his friends and family put their tributes to him on his page, which was nice.

I thought that Margo liked both Joe Brown and Tommy Steele, but I may be mistaken, my memory is not what it used to be. Anyway, I was pleased to read about Tommy Steele because I had heard that he was a supporter of several charities, He seems like a good man.

Speaking of good men ...... I watched The Orange Menace addressing his faithful from the balcony of The White House, which was interesting. As he rumbled on in his usual fashion, it occurred to me not for the first time, that he's not mentioned The First Lady, who was also infected, since before he went into hospital. I have to assume that she has probably died, and he has kept it quiet because it would interrupt his important work towards winning the next election!