WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 4, 2020

Hallo all.   Don't fail to check back and see Lindybird's lovely pix of Anglesey.

Rosy:  That's a tough one; maybe suggest she not commit to do all the work until the leaves and rubbish are gone and she can see what she's up against.....  Good luck.

Wrote my last batch of letters to prospective voters - this time in Kansas.  Have been following the headlines, but as usual with this White House, it's impossible to know what's what.a

It's my daughter's 60th today.  We tend to celebrate both sides of birthdays, so she's been the recipient of several days of treats, flowers, gifts with more to come (most noticeably the recliner which has yet to arrive).  I was really hoping to be there for her birthday but the new windows were scheduled to be installed in the AZ house this coming week so we decided I'd come early for them.  But now they've been delayed a week thanks to Covid (we hope that's all!) so I'm now planning to go a week later. 

Take care everyone.

• I did hear that one of the drugs had side effects - mood swings, paranoia. . . Would we notice any difference?
  • Maybe paranoia works like some mathematical formula - paranoia + paranoia = normality ... or is that too much to hope for?!?!?!?
  • aquilareen said:
    I did hear that one of the drugs had side effects - mood swings, paranoia. . . Would we notice any difference?

Ideally he needs to take a drug to turn him green ......... like the Wicked Witch of the West.  Hopefully it would render him vulnerable to water as well.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

•  I have just put out my new bird table, a slightly early birthday gift from my OH.  Our old one was decrepit and we had been looking for another for ages but without luck. We found this on an online garden site and it is just perfect. I do hope the birds agree.

• Morning all:

the phrase I've heard used most often - and am hearing all the time now -  in relation to the Orange-Crested Twit is "Just when you think it can't get any worse..."     As for "Don't let it dominate your life," tell that to the millions who've lost their jobs.   Ugh

Dibnlib:  Feeder conveniently located near some water?  They'll love it.

Off to do something positive.  Take care everyone.

• Annette ... and the thousands who have lost loved ones. How dare he!
  • Hi, ALL. Came on to read this morning – then a silly day as repair man was in the latter half of his time slot – didn’t really stop us doing things, but it’s not the same with someone extra in the house. Anyway, Tumble Drier is working and has been busy all afternoon as we had to catch up with the laundry. OH also found time to clean the wet room – other shower room moved over to tomorrow.

AQ – enjoy The Visit! Sorry you needed the return trip to town, and had interruptions to your peaceful lunch!

ANNETTE – we haven’t been getting so many calls coming through – I think our system is rather good at weeding out all those which are automated, and some callers just don’t choose to leave recorded messages.

CLARE – Orange Clown could still develop symptoms again – here’s hoping!

PAT – liked the mathematical allegory for double paranoia!

DIBNLIB – like the new bird table – I am sure the birds will agree!

Should probably be doing Something Constructive now – but, hey, haven’t reclined in my chair yet today!

• Wrote a reply to Clare at lunchtime but it disappeared after I wrote it. Bah.

Dibnlib, a nice table for dining. Hope they like it!!
  • Just come on and see we are 5 pages in. Not going to read all the way back.
    Nice hear what you have all been up to. Weather down here has been miserable too although yesterday and today we had a little sunshine. Autumn weather is certainly upon us.

Had a bout of vertigo at the weekend but know what triggered it so took the pills and it wore off after 36 hours, just leaving you a little week as during it you can't keep anything down.

We went to our local library today which is open for the first time after 6 months due to Corvid. Managed to get some more books although I still have those I bought on line to read yet.

Dau and I were hoping to go up to Manchester at half-term to see my brother but I think it will be off as he is on a local lockdown still. One day we will get up there, hopefully at Christmas????

Take care all.
  • Just wanted to add - it makes the mind boggle at what Trump comes out with,, one can only hope the cocktail of drugs will help to make him a feeling normal human being and just admit that he can get it wrong at times!!!! and pigs might fly. Enough of the rant.