WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 4, 2020

Hallo all.   Don't fail to check back and see Lindybird's lovely pix of Anglesey.

Rosy:  That's a tough one; maybe suggest she not commit to do all the work until the leaves and rubbish are gone and she can see what she's up against.....  Good luck.

Wrote my last batch of letters to prospective voters - this time in Kansas.  Have been following the headlines, but as usual with this White House, it's impossible to know what's what.a

It's my daughter's 60th today.  We tend to celebrate both sides of birthdays, so she's been the recipient of several days of treats, flowers, gifts with more to come (most noticeably the recliner which has yet to arrive).  I was really hoping to be there for her birthday but the new windows were scheduled to be installed in the AZ house this coming week so we decided I'd come early for them.  But now they've been delayed a week thanks to Covid (we hope that's all!) so I'm now planning to go a week later. 

Take care everyone.

• Heather B said:
    CLARE - did you really have to mention chipolatas ?!! And here I am without a sausage in the house.

Yes, I did - and they were lovely.  You'll have to pop to your local butcher and sort out your unenviable situation.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• ANNETTE I noticed that your daughter is getting a recliner. That made me feel better as my back and knee have been playing me up and so I have ordered a lift and tilt dual motor recliner. I have been thinking I was a bit young to have to go down this road ( 64 in a couple of days) but just hope it helps.
  • We've had recliners for years, Dibnlib. I must have been very early 60s when we bought the first one! Beats a having a stool, as they're never the right height, nor do they support you behind the knees, usually.

My spellchecker decided that that should be "refiners"....

We have the kind of recliner where the back part goes back, at the same time as the leg support goes up. Make sure you have room in your room for this unless you can find the sort we have, which are cleverly designed not to take up more space at the rear, as the whole chair moves. We bought ours from the Sofa people, they used to call themselves Sofaworks but are now known as the Sofology company. We have two leather recliners in our conservatory and two in the sitting room, one is a 2 seater sofa. 

• Thanks LINDY It is a Celebrity Westbury I have ordered and everything works individually so the back moves without the leg support and the leg support without the back. At the moment I have a stressless chair with a footstool which as you say does not support the knees. The back does recline but I very rarely use that. The new one doesn't seem to take up any more space than what we have now. Only trouble is that I will have to wait till January for it. We did spend 3 or 4 days practically living in a furniture shop as I wanted to be very sure I got what I wanted/needed.

I have heard of sofology but think our nearest is Edinburgh.
  • Wouldn't manage without a recliner! This is my second one. A friend bought my old one when OH decided we should have matching ones. She bought it for her mother but kept it for herself! The ones we have are dual motor, with built in massage and heat! I never used the heat so when the chair mechanism decided to eat the cable. I got rid of the cable and transformer. Actually, to be honest, I tried to - over a year ago and I think it was one of the cleaner's incidents - but OH salted it away in his "might come in useful" collection and I didn't find out till last week - so now gone!

Variable weather today - mostly good, but a couple of sudden showers. I ordered our 2021 diaries, and my new desk calendar, but the sundae dishes I wanted were sold out - were recently on offer, so I hope they will be replenishing the stock. Church Elders zoomed and are definitely holding a "service" on 18th - very limited and could still be cancelled if we get the "circuit breaker" which has been hinted at.

Re chipolatas - our butcher sells the Wee Willie sausages (as in kilted sausages*** at Christmas) as chipolatas - I grew up with them being thinner than a standard sausage, but longer. ***Kilted Sausages are what most folk call "Pigs in Blankets! Sorry if I am making anyone hungry!
  • Food shopping today to leave tomorrow morn free for The Visit. Supermarket was frantic, shelves almost empty, supposed because first day after long weekend. There were no cocktail frankfurts so had to get full size ones. I remembered thin sliced bread for sandwiches, remembered to pay car rego but forgot to take my scripts for eye drops. So a quick dash back through traffic after unloading (it’s only 10 mins but. . . ). Normally I drop off scripts and head for food store but today I had time to browse every shelf in the chemist while I waited <sigh>. OH has gone out to lunch – I must have missed his exit by only a few mins. My “restful” lunch was then interrupted by scam phone calls, three so far. Next on agenda is a flicking of duster.

• My boss told me to have a good day. So I went home.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday, 22% Tuesday, 26% Wednesday, 35% Thursday, 4% Friday.

• HI all: Busy day. Like AQ, I also sat down for a restful lunch a nd was interrupted by three phone calls (two were scams). Aggravating enough that I gave up trying to rest.

Thanks all for posts and news.....take care everyone.
  • Good morning, all. I find myself hoping that the Orange Knob has a serious relapse ........ just as I thought his behaviour couldn't get any worse, he goes and proves me wrong.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Dull and damp here.

AQ - A frustrating trip but you got things done. We seem to get scam calls in bunches these days, some days none at all but then five in one day. Was so cross yesterday as someone woke up my OH when he was taking a nap to offer him "A free boiler" I also got a couple of odd looking emails which I ignored.

Clare, I thought that too - serve him right if he's relaxed too soon, as he's not out of the woods yet. Was so cross to hear his remarks about not being afraid of it, when he should be saying the opposite.