Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL HARVEST MOON!

The moon turns full on Thursday, 1 October.

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

Check back to last week's thread for Lindy's photos and other posts. 

• OG – Good decision not to go to church, do stay safe. Down here Nov 5 was abandoned 50 years ago as it is bushfire season. Last week my supermarket was selling Halloween sweets. I wonder if any would last anywhere near end of October! Another C-mas event cancelled; the lights along the banks of Torrens by the Brewery. Crowd control difficult in normal times. Link to last year's.

LINDA – Dau has baskets for a dog & 2 cats, yet Callie spends her day in dog Toby’s basket when she is not snoozing in window sunshine. Thank you for chapel photos. Now that’s what happens to me when I am snapping photos from the bus - sometimes just bits  of churches!

LYNETTE – Sorry your d-i-l has long lasting effects from covid. There’s a lot the experts don’t know yet. I do not like wearing a mask, luckily we are not required to do so here. I guess if we have to I will. I tried wearing one in the dusty garage while rummaging. No coughing but it was unpleasant.

ANNETTE – Never a dull moment from your leader. What did the media do to fill the news before him?

• Just a thought

Every survival kit should contain a sense of humour.

• AQ:  Re the media, I was wondering exactly that the other day - and I can't remember.  

Lynette:  Not please to read that your DiL is still suffering residual Covid effects.  I'm sure we're going to learn more about this as time passes.

A good day - fuller than I expected - but progress in various areas.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

• OH dithered so long it was too late for him to go out to lunch (I made him a curried egg sandwich and ate leftover macaroni, cheese & tomato myself). Just as well he dithered, it has been pouring with that wet stuff from the sky since “departing for bus” time.
  • Lynette D said:
    Clare, glad you can go for a swim. We gave up the gym some time ago and really miss my swims but not sure now whether it is feasible to join again if they are open.

I'd swim if you really want to.  Our local leisure centre is taking serious precautions and I imagine other will be doing exactly the same.  There are only 30 swimmers allowed in our pool at any one time.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi to all
    I've read all your posts, thank you for the chapel pics, LINDY!
    A few things going on here, Callum's solicitor is in Court today, not sure what's going on but I'm waiting to hear.
    OHs daughter in law has been contacted by the powers that be to inform her that she has been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid 19 so she has to self isolate.
    My son is resigning himself to the fact that he won't travel anywhere in the near future.
    What a jolly life !
  • Morning all

Heather:  I was wondering the other day what was going on with Callum; fingers crossed things become less worrisome.  Also hope OH's DiL is okay.   I spoke to the UK family Sunday.  Apparently, my nephew's teenage daughter got Covid (had cough, loss of taste) after she'd been out with some girl friends. It seems the boyfriend of one of the girls got it; his girl friend then had a test BUT didn't share that with the other girls.  Don't you love it!  Grrrr.   Nephew's daughter is fine after spending two weeks alone in her bedroom with food left outside door.  Everyone else in the family seems to be okay.   How is son's business going?  Are people drinking more?  

• Phew!! "Murphy" had some fun with us today - most things getting towards being sorted, but the day has been exhausting! Can't put my mind to any of it now, sorry! Good to see you all on here. Have a good evening/morning/day around the world.
  • Phew!! "Murphy" had some fun with us today - most things getting towards being sorted, but the day has been exhausting! Can't put my mind to any of it now, sorry! Good to see you all on here. Have a good evening/morning/day around the world.
  • I see Murphy got into your post, OG!! Sorry, have to laugh!

Thanks for all the posts - too many to reply to, for now. Sorry that Callum is still having to wait for it to be sorted out, Heather - hope all goes well.