Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL HARVEST MOON!

The moon turns full on Thursday, 1 October.

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, healthy week! 

Check back to last week's thread for Lindy's photos and other posts. 

• OG: So pleased to hear that the leg is on the mend. Hope the Trivial Pursuit goes well.
  • Hi all, not been on since beginning of the week. Hope you are all OK.

Could it be poetic justice that T. has been taken to hospital to be treated for Covid 19, perhaps now he will acknowledge it is real. Enough on that subject.

Just looking at this page I see news about J and his med. Do hope that it will help him OG.. Glad to hear that your leg is improving and the hole getting smaller.

Annette - see you are still getting some aftermath of the fires in your area. At least you know that you are safe.

Unfortunatel missed the full moon last night as there was cloud all around here. Been a wet and miserable day today. More wind and possible rain tomorrow.

D_I_L let us know today that she has been feeling rough all week with a tight chest. Has booked herself another
    Covid test so we are keeping fingers crossed that it will be nexgative as we were over at their house last week for about an hour as it was our son's 50th.

Not a lot going on here but do like to hear what you have all been getting up to.

Have a good weekend, all.
  • Precipitation is a weather forecaster's virus and is carried on the hot air that travels east across the Pond.....
  • Just a thought

It is easier to love humanity as a whole than to love one’s neighbour. (Eric Hoffer)

• Lynette D said:
    Could it be poetic justice that T. has been taken to hospital to be treated for Covid 19, perhaps now he will acknowledge it is real

I couldn't agree more.  I'm pleased to hear that Biden has tested negative.

It wouldn't be civilized to wish someone dead but I do really, really hope that the Orange Knob will be incapacitated for long enough to be seen permanently out of office.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Dull and drizzly here. The weekend came around quickly.

Lynette, hope your poor d. in law has only got a cold or something.

Suppose that the Trump news will now dominate for a few days. It's such an irony that he has pronounced often on the virus as if it's just an inconsequential minor inconvenience. We'll see - it's certainly going to hit his plans for his election campaigning if nothing else, which must have dismayed him and his team. I'm not sure that there will be all that many praying for his safe recovery, after his lax care for his fellow countrymen.
  • 0G So glad things are improving for you. Hope it continues.

We had booked for a 2 day break next week. It was over my birthday which would have been nice. Yesterday my OH discovered the hotel were doing a very good deal on breaks in November so we have changed our dates till November. It means a saving of over £100 so would have been daft not to.
  • Another weekend – starting with a very wet Saturday. Had a horrible night and it took two hours for OH to get me awake and on my feet this morning. But we did have our usual cooked breakfast – this week it was scrambled egg, haggis and tomato. Lots of odd things have been appearing in the diary for next week, so I have had to totally rearrange the menu plan – this was also having in mind that J has a sick note to remain off work.

OH won the Trivial pursuit last night – none of us were really fully compos mentis, but the game calmed us all after a fraught day.

LYNETTE – I thought your d-i-l already had Covid? I hope she didn’t pass anything on to you last weekend – best to stay home and not take risks.

AQ – liked the quote! Is it beginning to be spring down there?

LINDA – difficult to feel any sympathy for the Orange Idiot – I wonder what will be the total of White House personnel he has infected?

Nearly time for lunch – today’s Saturday Soup is Mushroom.
  • DIBNLIB - missed your post! Surprised you are thinking of a hotel break - I thought we were still on "essential journeys only"!
  • It's according to where you live, I think, OG.

It's rained all day here, sometimes heavier than other times. Tonight, we cooked some roast beef and my OH was in charge of it whilst I checked all our emails. When I emerged later, there was a lovely smell and my OH was just going to bring the meat out of the oven. I said "where's the dog?" as she was neither in her bed, nor salivating by the stove. He exclaimed that he had put her in the garden "ages ago" - we rushed to the conservatory door, to see a very very wet dog looking at us through the glass. Lots of dry towels and hugs, before she was given some freshly carved beef as an apology!