Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SEPTEMBER EQUINOX

The equinox is Tuesday in the UK, US, and Australia!

Everyone have a safe, healthy, joyful week!!!

• Good morning, all! Autumn has definitely arrived here - it actually feels chilly and it is chucking it down with rain. Yay! No lugging the watering can today.

Our local leisure centre reopened at the beginning of August - since then I've been enjoying a twice-weekly swim, have joined the gym (ouch) and had a yoga class yesterday evening (big Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh). I'm off for a swim this morning - by the time I'm done the weather should have cleared up and I'll hopefully get some washing out. Fingers crossed.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Struggled and failed miserably to post som e more pics last night.

Sunny here, after a very wet night last night. My OH went home yesterday, but to my shame it seems to be the dog I'm missing most, LOL! as she is usually bouncing around.

Enjoyed descriptions of Olden Days. My OHs farmer family certainly survived better because his father got out the shotgun and brought rabbit home for rabbit pie, plus the odd pheasant from the estate nearby where I suppose they were raised for the wealthy to shoot. My family kept chickens at the bottom of the garden and bartered the eggs for other supplies.

AQ - I watched the programme about the various decades of dinners, and I think they did try to show how different life was then. I thought that they should've made the series compulsory watching in schools. The ladies in the show were very good about wearing some of the ghastly hairstyles of the times!! It was also fun seeing how much kitchens changed.
  • Well done Clare on taking up new activities. :-)
  • DIANE – That cool air you sent has arrived via Antarctica. Freezy windy rainy day but I’m not complaining – love it. Forecast suggests snow tomorrow morn on top of Mt Lofty. In response OH muttered “It’s unlikely to be at the bottom.” Mt Lofty despite its name is only a baby, a mere 727 metres (2,385 ft).

• Lindybird said:
    Well done Clare on taking up new activities. :-)

Thanks, Lindy.  To be honest it's crucial for me to be more active - I had a yearly health check back in June and my weight was absolutely terrifying.  I've lost 9 pounds since then, which I'm pleased with - but I'm trying very hard to not dwell on how much more I need to lose!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG Glad the leg is looking better.

I heard yesterday afternoon that the fitness club will be reopening sometime in the next few weeks, yipee

Talking of courier vans. I heard that a few years ago, thieves were picking up charity bags for collection from doorsteps. How low will they stoop!
  • CLARE yes, it is pretty nippy here too. Walked Benson with a friend and we could have done with our gloves. I must bring them down for easy access now.
  • CLARE Well done on the swimming. It won't burn off many calories but is good for body and soul.
  • Agree, DIBNLIB - pretty cold here ! And CLARE - congratulations on your weight loss, plus getting out to activities.
    LINDY - have I missed something? You are home alone?
    OG - I hope that J will not miss his trips out, too much. I can't believe that M and S have cancelled the food boxes. Do you think it's got anything to do with the tie up with Ocado? Where is your nearest M and S?
    ANNETTE - I wasn't involved in the ultimate decision regarding the family bubble and it was a surprise. I knew that they were discussing it , just said that I was fine and OK with whatever they decided, as they all have busy lives... I am fiercely independent but apparently too much so! My children get very frustrated with me at times :-)
  • We saw a wren in our garden this morning. OH saw it the other day. I am so glad it returned for me to see.