Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is Thursday, 17 September. 

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, happy week!

I saw this meme today. I liked it, so I thought I'd put the link HERE. Dr. Sharon Blackie is an Irish writer, psychologist, and mythologist. 

• I've just read that a bloke boarded a bus in Manchester with a large snake wrapped around his neck and the lower part of his face.

Only in Britain!
  • It's clearly one of those news days. More than 200 inmates have escaped from a prison in Uganda .......... they're all naked!
  • Just a thought

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. (John Wooden)

• Hi, folks. I'm really busy and distracted right now. I'll come back this weekend and post some replies. I thought I'd post this article before I forget. An unprecedented, massive migratory bird die-off is in progress in the U.S. Southwest (New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Arizona...) and 4 Mexican states. Scientists don't know why! It's a mysterious and troubling major event. HERE is an article from the Audubon Society describing the situation and the toll on birds. The very short video is creepy. 

Take care, all. Stay safe.

Heather: I hope your brother is improving. 

OG: I hope you and J continue to feel better.

• Evening all:  A running around day and, of course, I forgot two things.

OG:  I'm an armchair activist this time round; there are others doing lots, lots more....   I did commit a tiny subversive act today.  One store had some new books, including one by Trump's most obnoxious apologist and booster: Sean Hannity, host at Fox News (a Murdoch-owned TV channel; need I say more?).  Anyway, I hid his books under copies of Bob Woodward's new book, Rage. Woodward, in case anyone doesn't remember, is one of the two Washington Post reporters - the other was Carl Bernstein - who wrote All The President's Men, about RIchard Nixon and Watergate.  

AQ: Now that's a thought I can get behind!  :-)

Clare:  Ha - I wonder how long all those guys were on the loose.  I mean, they'd be hard to miss.  :-)

Diane:  I saw the headline about the die off and assumed it had something to do with the fires and the smoke, which is now en route to the East... 

Take care everyone

• Good Morning. Dry here, and a golf day for my OH . I will be popping off to get my flu jab done, as they're trying to get as many of us over 65s sorted out, probably, I should think, in advance of there being a "second wave" of the virus which will complicate things this winter.

Diane, I saw that about the mass loss of birds "-( on an article posted on FB. How sad.
  • Good morning, everyone. Need to be quick with this, so no full sentences..

CLARE – enjoyed the news item – especially Manchester face-covering!

AQ – great thought for the day. Being disabled, it should always be my motto, but hard to follow.

DIANE – sorry the struggle goes on. Read about the birds dying – I assumed it was smoke damage plus lack of insects for food out west.

ANNETTE – well done, hiding the books!

LINDA – OH had a text today – our NHS surgery is not doing any flu jabs – we are to wait to hear from NHS Board!
    J has gone to work – just hoping there are no hoax fire alarms there today, as the fire escapes really hurt his knees at the best of times.

Today is cleaning day – OH is already doing the wet room (left from last week) and will do the lounge and corridor too. He’d also like to mow again, and weather looks likely for another afternoon in the garden.
  • ANNETTE – Well done on relocating books. We’ve just finished tea, washed up and I was about to shut down computer for the day, when I see I have a new email. Oh dear I missed the deadline. I was given 1 hour to donate and I am too late. What a shame (not); it was from a certain Mike, a friend of you-know-who.

• Mike and Donald will be devastated not to receive your donation, AQ ...
  • I'm more than happy to give Trump an appropriate donation .......... related to his surname.