Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is Thursday, 17 September. 

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, happy week!

I saw this meme today. I liked it, so I thought I'd put the link HERE. Dr. Sharon Blackie is an Irish writer, psychologist, and mythologist. 

• Clare Bailey said:
    Fantastic!  Unless they're not supposed to appear in a river?

Just to annoy Clare................... BAILEY ( using quote Tee Hee Sorrry)

EDIT......as I know she is not a Bailey and never has been

www.bbc.co.uk/.../world-australia-54142985

• RRRRSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note I hope the last whale finds its way out.  I'd hate to see anything awful happen.

• ANNETTE We got an Email yesterday evening from friends who live in San Francisco. They attached some before and after pics of Bakers Beach which is where they walk their labrador. Two weeks ago everything was beautiful blue sea and sky and Wednesday last week everything was orange. How dreadful, they didn't say how things are this week, but hopefully better.
  • Morning all:  

dibnlib:  Yes, still ghastly up there.  There's a new interactive map out showing the smoke and relative air quality.  We're in the "unhealthy for sensitive groups' range, although our weather guy said that much of the 'bad' air was going straight over us.....  On the other hand, Diane is breathing clean air! :-)    https://fire.airnow.gov/?lat=34.4424448&lng=-119.8358528&zoom=10

AQ:  Hope they manage to discourage the humpbacks from being too curious (after all, look what happened to the cat!).   It's interesting that their numbers are apparently on the increase.   I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't realize they don't echolocate, being baleen whales as opposed to toothed whales, which sent me on a Google excursion for more info. 

Have some errands today, but things are beginning to feel 'normal' again (excluding Covid of course, although even those restrictions seem no longer so strange).  

• Annette I take it you are out of the way of the wild fires, dreadful coverage on our news today. Those poor people.
    Hope you are safe.

OG - sorry to hear that you have been in pain and that J is in a lot of pain, let's hope he gets the results back soon.
    Reading in the newspaper that GP's have to start opening up and seeing patients face to face instead of the telephone consultations etc.

Heard from my bank today that the dispute/fraudulant transaction was in fact not one. Because I shop via PayPal on EBay they have confirmed the purchase. Apparently I was looking on my phone at an original order I had made but as far as I am aware did not sanction a payment. In the confusion all round it must have been relating to my original transactions. So now I am waiting for the bank to take back the money they refunded and have got in touch with the original supplier to ask him for a refund he said he had arranged but it never arrived. Its a right mixup, perhaps mainly by me but I hope it will be resolved soon.

Another lovely day down here and the washing has been out all day - nice and dry just waiting for ironing.
  • Evening all:

Lynette:  We've no fires in our area thank heaven.  Good that the questionable transaction turned out to be okay.

OG:  Is all this severe joint pain new for J?  Is he able to work (sorry if I've missed relevant updates).

Take care everyone.

• I had a photo excursion this morn to Port Adelaide to capture more old buildings. Lunch, then a long phone chat with friend, so I am late “clocking on”.
  • Just a thought

It takes a long time to grow an old friend. (John Leonard)

• Good Morning. Dry and sunny here again, after a very warm day yesterday. We sat in the garden for some of the time, enjoying our last chance to do so.

Lynette, sorry you've had hassles with the bank. Hopefully soon sorted out.

Annette, glad you've been relatively unaffected by the dreadful fires, but sorry for those who've lost everything - it is a grim set of figures this year. At least The Orange Menace managed to give us a laugh, blaming the Forestry people!!!

AQ - Hope you enjoyed the excursion and got some good photos.

Off this morning to collect some net curtains I ordered online & are being delivered to a local shop for me. OH has gone off to play golf in his shorts, so it still feels summery here :-)
  • Good morning, all.  I think I may have promised a few photos of the Woodbridge osprey from Sunday:

We went to Woodbridge again yesterday - the osprey had been seen earlier but on this occasion we didn't see it.

EDIT: I should add that Limpy has posted his photos on the Osprey Sightings thread.