Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 September 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The new moon (the dark moon) is Thursday, 17 September. 

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, happy week!

I saw this meme today. I liked it, so I thought I'd put the link HERE. Dr. Sharon Blackie is an Irish writer, psychologist, and mythologist. 

• Nicola Benedetti is wonderful. We have seen her play at Eden Court on a couple of occasions. She is a great ambassador for classical music and I like the way she lets youngsters know how much very hard work is needed even for someone in her postition.
  • Hi all, thanks Diane for starting us off.

Lindy - sort of liked the Last Night of the Proms in its different format. Didn't like the new rendering of Jerusalem but the singer (forgotten her name) had a beautiful voice.. Wow, wasn' t The Lark Ascending beautiful with Nicola playing it. On the whole though not too bad, at least there wasn't all the raucous goings on , it seemed more sedate last night.

Been a lovely day down here again, OH been watching the cricket most of the day but I drew the line at 7pm so we taped the rest which he is watching at present.

Thinking of trying to get away next year, maybe to a cottage or maybe a coach holiday, haven't decided yet, but it would be nice to get away from these walls for a break. Am hoping to go up to Manchester in the half term break but at present brother is still in a local lockdown so will have to see.

Have a good week, all.
  • I do hope we shall have the Last Night at the Proms replayed here, if not TV then on classic radio. I found the traditional bits on You Tube. Strange but beautiful. OH wandered in and stayed until the end. Whet my appetite for the whole program.

If I have to go to hospital, I must make sure it is in France. LOL

• The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend. (Chuck Palahniuk)

If each day is a gift, I would like to know where I can return Mondays.

Look on the bright side. . . at least Monday only happens once a week.

• Good morning, all. It's a beautiful day here, the washing is out, I've had my nice hot cuppa and a suitable breakfast so I can now go swimming in a good mood.

I'll post photos of the Woodbridge osprey at some point in the next couple of days.

• Good Morning. Sunny here too.

My Ha Ha last night was in response to Annette's comment on French hospitals.....

Lots of gloom and doom on the media lately, but maybe its needed in order to get the message across to the covidiots!!
  • Did I see on this evening’s news that UK has tighter restrictions again? Sending strengthening thoughts and Hugs to you all.

Humpback whales have been seen in a river in Kakadu National Park, Northern territory.

• Thanks ALL for posts yesterday and overnight. I was in less pain physically yesterday, but limp and lethargic - I think I worried E-E somewhat. Seem to be back to "normal " today so he has gone to Dumfries as planned - still not crossing the border! J's pain seems really extreme - still seeking to find out result of blood test - seven days ago now!

Sorry not very cheerful - was actually cheered up somewhat seeing photos of GGchildren on FB - posted by ExS-i- L's second wife. They saw them yesterday for first time in nine months and now don't know when they might see them again. We last saw them over a year ago!
  • aquilareen said:
    Did I see on this evening’s news that UK has tighter restrictions again?

'Fraid so.  The Rule of 6 has kicked in ......yeah, I can really see that making a difference.  I'm sure we're headed towards another lockdown - I don't see how this country can avoid it.  The organisation has been a shambles.  I really feel for the NHS.

aquilareen said:
    Humpback whales have been seen in a river in Kakadu National Park, Northern territory.

Fantastic!  Unless they're not supposed to appear in a river?