Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 August 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, wonderful week! 

• ROSY/DIBNLIB - always a problem but criminal/ antisocial behaviour seems to be on the increase just now.
  • Sadly, now that things are easing a little the criminal and antisocial element seems to be taking advantage of those who are still vulnerable - and that includes small shops which are really struggling to get going again. And a massive increase, which I'm sure we have all noticed, in online and telephone scams. Heather, so sorry to hear about your son. It's so unfair.
  • I was about to write something about the increase in local antisocial behaviour, but must be more positive.

I went out looking for the ducklings today, but did not see them. I did see a moorhen, two coots. two swans and several geese, playing in the water. I like to think they were playing anyway! They looked cooler than I felt.
  • Hi all. Thanks again Diane for starting the week off. Hope all OK with you.

Heather - what is the world coming to. I hate having to wear a mask and will only do so when entering a shop but as you say it must be very difficult to identify those who shoplift when they have a mask on. A respectable couple you say - how low can one get. Hope your son can keep track of things.

Hear hear, you get those co-operating and doing all they can to help prevent the spread and you get the morons who seem to disregard all advice and crowd the beaches etc in this fine weather, opening the gates for possible spreading of the virus.
  • Not a lot going on down here, just keeping ourselves to ourselves. Dau is going away to a friends at the end of the week for a few days providing no local lockdown comes into force. Friend willing to have her stay instead of toing and froing to a hotel which might pass on the virus inadvertantly.

Stay well and safe all.
  • Evening all:  Went for long walk by the ocean this morning, then home to some of the remaining oranges off the tree.  Brit friend stopped by to catch up and for a cup of tea.  Salads for me and OH.  Granddaughter and Ms. D took daughter off to store to pick out her birthday recliner - not the sort of thing you can present as a surprise because they come in different sizes apparently.  It's going to take between 8-12 weeks to arrive and was pretty pricey - we were all laughing that there's a good chance it will be a combination birthday/Xmas present.  :-)

Heather:  Sorry to hear about the theft - clearly not a respectable couple.  Uptick in crimes here  consists of car break-ins - at least in our general area.

About to fall asleep so toddling off to bed.  Take care all.

• I tramped around Port Adelaide this morn with camera to capture old buildings. Escapes are not much fun without a friend to chatter with.
  • It is scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer.

Remember that growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional!

If anyone calls you old, hit them with your cane and throw your teeth at them!

• Good Morning. Dry but grey & misty here.

Off to get things ready, as our Eldest and Amber expected before lunch. First time we've seen them since before Christmas, which now seems a lifetime away!!

Shocking that theft is on the increase. Also heard locally that there has been an increase in phone scams. An 85 year old was about to draw thousands out of his bank when he saw a warning poster in the bank, saying that the police do not ring you up and ask you to withdraw money. He went to the police station to report it, and the police staked out his house for when the scum turned up hoping to collect. They arrested two men, who went to court and were given two years --- but a suspended sentence -- locals said why not make an example of them with a proper punishment. No doubt the police despair as they have to use resources to catch these people.