GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• I presume KC4 has had a fish today? I've seen two deliveries with the Olaf posted, and KC3 got them both.
    I see from chat that KC3 had a left over tail this morning.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hi Sheila, Scylla posted a video of KC4 receiving a fish from Aran at 8:08 this morning. The tail piece KC3 had was the leftover :)

• Big thanks to SHEILA and OLAF for the updates! Blush 

I'm ultra-embroiled in a YouTube wobbly, no suggested solutions have worked, I even shut down all my downloads and rebooted Persevere 

No videos will process, eg:

Heyho!

Yes, SHEILA, KC4 did get a fish, the first one - Quote me: "A headless FLOUNDER arrived @ 08:08 and KC4 got it."  (Edit @ 22:36 - I see SANDRA has informed - typically alert ;) )

And after having had to made do with the tailfin that KC4 had grudgingly left, KC3 got a whole FLOUNDER mid-late-morning - the "drenched" delivery that won't process:

He ate until flying off with the fish @ 11:56, and I did some portraits to calm down, including a different version of OLAF's live snap Blush 

13:06 headless trout covered by SHEILA - one of the poses framed ;)

A quiff to die for Grin  

Over TWO HOURS of disruption and stress and YT has just fixed itself Rolling eyes  

Oh, half fixed itself, it's picking and choosing which to process Disappointed

I had just added myself to the 600 YouTubers complaining about the same problem over the past 2-3 months.  Go figure.

Two waiters:

Covered by OLAF?

You can see how much destressing has had to go on.

This was Aran taking off, the max we saw of his face at this time:

KC4 left this much of the fish, KC3 did not come to collect it!

Cutie-pie:

18:31 FLOUNDER for KC3 !!!

He flew without starting it:

This slug comes and forages every night, I'd know him anywhere ;)

I''m thoroughly confused now - did KC4 get anything after breakfish?  I'll go thru the thread again and check.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I''m thoroughly confused now - did KC4 get anything after breakfish?  I'll go thru the thread again and check

You see?  I can't be digressed from my routine, and I was trying not to duplicate.

Never assume!  I thought this was referring to the 15:30 fish but it must have been an earlier one - here was KC4 receiving the 15:30 fish - I've checked with magnifier, and OLAF's snap was definitely KC3 and this is definitely KC4 - SOLVED! Blush

IMAGICAT

• No-one yet seen on Tuesday the 8th. Heather did a scan a bit earlier.

IMAGICAT

• Wonderful captures Scylla, especially that open beaked one of KC4 which is a stunner. Grinning

• KC3's arrival, he's still perched there looking around:

IMAGICAT

• HI SCYLLA A very alert KC3.....now flown

C BGGW

• HI SCYLLA A very alert KC3.....now flown

C BGGW

• He flew who-knows-where? 2 seconds after this snap:

IMAGICAT