GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Cock and hen pheasant keeping dry:

Water levels:

The pair of Mute Swans:

That's only up to about 16:00.

• Mike, I saw that Heather was looking at the electricity box several times and that she posted on the chat that it looked to be the worst flooding she has seen there. Hope it is not a problem for the centre or for the cameras. (We were glued to the telly from 4 pm to watch the inauguration--first I watched one but wanted to celebrate the return of humanity and sanity to the office. Champagne with dinner, too. (Apologies for sharing my views! Other views are available elsewhere...))
    Thanks for the pics, Scylla, and the videos. Have you had the vaccine yet or can you go with your brother to get it? We have yet to hear, but expect to hear about our jabs in the next 4 to 6 weeks, fingers crossed.
  • Ann, the electricity cabinet held overnight, live stream is still on and the water level has dropped considerably. One of the picnic tables is clearly visible with just water round the base of the legs. Cabinet is well clear. Phew!!
  • Good morning MC. I see you have been active on Glaslyn!!
  • 20 January cont'd

The swans were the stars of the show until dark

Water, water everywhere!  And 2 swans:

21 January

Mike B said:
    the electricity cabinet held overnight, live stream is still on and the water level has dropped considerably. One of the picnic tables is clearly visible with just water round the base of the legs. Cabinet is well clear. Phew!!

Heather had swung onto the Mallards just as I stopped the downloader to get at the daylight hour-and-a-bit, so I may have missed the best of them - but the light is poor and the water looks a mess - not that the ducks seems to mind Grin

G'night!

• MC. Great close up of a Swan exploring the grass a few moments ago on LS.

Here you are:-

Copyright BGGW

• Interesting videos Scylla   in a    :(       Frowning2 way.  Thank you. And I enjoyed all the captures and frames

• Thanks, Mike, Scylla and Cirrus for comments and pics. Great that the water is finally going down and that the electricity cabinet held.
  • Heather is hoping the devices they have at the VC will have stopped water getting in.

"12:26 PM
    Heather Corfield
    ​Becci is going to go to the Visitor Centre as she has to collect some items to send out for the online shop. It is looking as though the road is now clear."

Hopefully we'll hear more after Becci's visit.
  • Great snap of the swan Mike. Thank you