GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Perfect image for our Halloween!

scylla said:

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Hmm, kinda wet this morning ;)

And little rodents found themselves stranded on islands with nowhere to run Disappointed relieved

Up to late lunchtime:

• Sorry for the critters who cannot fly...

Kind regards, Ann

• Cam went down a couple of minutes ago, can't access Chat now to see if it was planned. No new URL yet so I won't have it because I'm packing up.
  • It's been back for about 25 minutes, so show the flooding and beautiful sunset

Someone rushing home over the bridge, for dinner

Heather's response to a comment saying they hoped the car didn't hit the flooded water on the road.

5:32 PMHeather Corfield
    Me too, there is still likely to be some by the gate. It dips quite a bit there, which is why we have the issue with the car park. We actually raised the level slightly in 2015.  They are all dashing down from Croesor.

New URL

4:54 PMHeather Corfield   I have somehow manage to get it working again.

5:00 PMHeather Corfield  It took a bit of faffing around to get it working again, but I managed to get there in the end. Not sure why it closed all the applications down so I have reported it to Andy the tech man.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thank you for filling us in, SHEILA, and for covering the evening :)))
  • Well, if there are enough tallish shrubs, rodents are climbers - after blackberries and so on, so I am hoping most wll have clambered and somehow are clinging on somewhere till the waters drop.

Please don't anyone think they are doing the right thing and try to dispel my hope.
  • The water is very high today

ca 08.00

ca 11.00

ca 12.00 and a glimmer of sun

13.27ca 

13.54  Heather Corfield   The car park and gateway is flooded I had to park the other side of the bridge and walk across.

Now 14.18

From chat:

13:17 Heather Corfield  Marsh Harrier. I saw it from the decking.
    13:22 Heather Corfield  Especially the crows in the trees where the owl box is.

13:25 Heather Corfield  It was definitely a brown bird that I saw with a pale head. I thought Hen Harrier at first then noticed noticed there was no white on the rump and spotted the head. That is when I ran to the camera

13:30 Heather Corfield  I feel bad for not having left the camera in the right position. They usually head that way when we see one or a H/H.

13 :50 Heather Corfield  I would probably have not even seen it had I not gone to top the bird feeders up in case I cannot get there tomorrow.

Edit:  I then asked: 
    14:25 Sheila FE​   Heather, is this water level exceptional or just very high?
    She replied:
    14:27 Heather Corfield - Just very high really Sheila, it is often like this during the autumn. It is always a risk planning events in case the car park is inaccessible.   We had a flood this weekend last year too.
    She then added:  We nearly always record a Hen Harrier during the Hydref Gwyllt weekend.  Usually late afternoon during the winter is a good time to spot them. '
    © Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks so much Sheila .... wonderful news from Chat and the captures are great