GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• Such great captures! Scylla . And the wildlife (Goosanders) so sharp - easy to recognise. Loved the landscapes ! many thanks.
    Off to watch the video now,  quite utterly  delightful Scylla 

• Aww thanks, CIRRUS :-*

I've been neglectful today 10 October.  Now checking, it's rained quite a bit but the train caught a dry patch:

There's a GSW on the left feeder, it never showed itself fully - and, crossing fingers, a Goldfinch on the 'arch'.  It was hell trying to get both showing at the same time Grin

The Goldfinch flew and the rain tipped down.  The cam's on this view for the night - can't complain, it's been 100% all day, it was the weather that spoiled it:

• Yep, certainly is a Goldie finch Scylla. And , . how about that train full of people (well, it looks full), never had that view before. Many thanks MC
  • Cam rock solid again :)  Lots of lovely scenery and trains, none of which I've snapped Neutral face

These poor, bereft birds (who have been over-cooked from a pale and misty evening original) had no-one to pester Tired face

• Lol, Scylla, No one to pester and no free fish!

Kind regards, Ann

• 12 October

The corvids were back in the morning, not very clear again.  Here are some scenes from the rainy day, nothing spectacular but we got a rainbow:

I know this is a prime candidate for one of my shady frames, but there's just no energy here.

• Mmm, ''reads'' like a young persons diary - and nothing wrong with that! I enjoyed it. See what you mean about frame colours Scylla . Anyway, I don't think any of it is inconsequential
  • Gotcha @ 07:15, only there for a few seconds - can't improve it further.

Later, on sentry duty Blush 

Another rainbow today, and the same scene followed on the hillside as yesterday:

Swans were in view for a lot of the day:

At about 18:00 the swans sailed down the river under the bridge and it got dark quite soon after.

• oh, the robin is so cute and swans so beautiful and beautiful framed - love the trio of swans with all the greenery. Simply wonderful frame too. Thanks so much Scylla
  • Unknown said:
    Simply wonderful frame too.

That's from PhotoScape X, freebie in the Microsoft Store.  Its frames are mostly useless but it has loads 'n loads of backgrounds for collages, so I have to do a side-by-side collage and cut it down into a single column to turn it into a frame.  There might be another way, I'm still getting to know it.

THREE Great Tits (they were here much longer than I've shown) and a mystery birdie down in the bottom-right corner, fleetingly:

This has come out clearer than in the video - it looks kinda Chaffie-like ???

I could have done much nicer individual portraits but not all 3 together ;)