GLASLYN OSPREYS - AUGUST 2020 to end of FEBRUARY 2021

Link to  july-2020

Bywydd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife website/webcam >  https://www.glaslynwildlife.co.uk/live/

YouTube Live Stream (with chat) > www.youtube.com/watch

Public Facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/BywydGwylltGlaslynWildlife/

All captures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

Blogs and videos to the season so far:

Mrs G returned 21st March, 10:36 > mrs-g-returns

Aran returned 3rd April, 12:08 > aran-returns

First egg laid 13th April, 12:08 > mrs-g-lays-first-egg-of-2020

Second egg laid 16th April, 18:17 > mrs-g-lays-second-egg-of-2020

Third egg laid 19th April, 19:01 > mrs-g-lays-3rd-egg-2020

First hatch 20th May, 10:52 > first-2020-chick-hatches

Second hatch 21st May, 17:59 > second-glaslyn-chick-of-2020-hatches

Third hatch 24th May, 12:52 > third-chick-hatches-on-glaslyn-nest

Chicks ringed 24th June > glaslyn-chicks-are-ringed

KC2 fledged 9th July, 14:48 aged 50 days > kc2-has-fledged

KC3 fledged 14th July, 9:36 aged 54 days > kc3-fledges

KC4 fledged 19th July, 18:44 aged 56 days > kc4-fledges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The three juveniles are thriving under Mrs G and Aran's continued care, proving once again what formidable parents they are. Long may the season continue to be be hassle-free as it nears the time for migration

• No peace !!!  All 3 waiting !!!

KC4 got it, KC3 manfully tried to take it away but (I think) so far KC4 still has it.  KC2 seemed to stand aside, resigned - not that hungry?

Break time here, I'm all snapped out Sleeping

• HUGE fish delivered, nobody will be flying off with that one.

(I'm in the process of rebooting and all the nuisance procedures that go with it, so won't be snapping yet.)
  • At 18:31 KC3 took KC4's fish - KC4 left and then KC2 returned to wait:

scylla said:
    HUGE fish delivered, nobody will be flying off with that one.

I had to do a movie for this one because the fish doesn't show up well in a snap - see KC3's quandary - shall I snatch it? it's so much bigger than mine!

KC3 flew Grin

KC4 returned - she desperately ate some leftover fish skin:

I lost track - 19:53 KC2 forsook the fish and picked up this "?", I don't want to backtrack to see what it is and how it got there, too much to do!

KC4 took over the big fish, right behind a big rain blob.

Dang, the pesterers are arriving:

Changeover to night view, KC4 came back, bits 'n pieces of activity until KC2 was left alone being pestered:

MrsG arrived and ate some bits:

The juvie left (I can't even remember which one now) and MrsG flew @ 20:45 near-as-dammit... ENS up to midnight.  Rain!

• 05 August

A Raven was first on the nest, then KC3 popped in, looking prim and/or coy, for a minute @ 05:54:

Then a Raven spent 3 minutes eating a scrap.

KC2 arrived @ 07:25, see how dark her throat is, will she mature like Mama?

Two waiting:

Only one now, on the perch, as I type.  The rain has eased off, as you can see from above snaps - not so many huge blobs on the lens.

• Both KC2 and KC3 had fish when I first looked in KC3 has finished and flown. On chat Heather has posted that Mrs G has been fishing

C BGGW

• 07:40  KC2 flew.

The perch juve flew to the nest, heehee:

It was KC3, he soon flew, and the rain prevailed until Aran flew in with a minuscule clump in his left foot:

KC3 was so disappointed he bit his dad Open mouth

KC3 had a rant and continued on the perch:

Thru the rain:

Then back to nest and away @ 08:40.

KC4 flew in @ 09:29 but was marred the whole time:

09:39 the stream went into buffers, KC4 was off and back on by 10:45 (the rain had stopped !!! ) and flew away @ 11:13.

11:23 KC2 was on the nest, flew @ 11:37:

The rain came back, there was toing 'n froing oncam but birds couldn't be ID'd:

KC3 and KC4 were among them.

Lunch for KC3:

KC2 came and preened while she waited, she got a flounder:

KC4 got KC3's fish, KC3 flew off but later flew back in and took it back.

The area is awash:

KC4 came back and ate leftover skin and tail, then stood by waiting for KC2 to finish.  That's where we are now.

• Bravo Scylla for your wonderful coverage of the nest for the past few days. It was brilliant. I do hope the weather perks up soon for them all. Clearly Aran has coped well.
  • Carrying on with 05 August...

I've been stopped in my tracks by Aran's next delivery - a flounder which KC3 went for as he landed but didn't complete the snatch... tried again a couple of times, half-heartedly, Aran kept the fish and began picking at it and in the end - 6 minutes after delivery - flew off with it!  KC3 resorted to the scrap probably left by KC4, who'd flown off after a long eating session.

KC3 flew @ 18:03 but was back in time to get the re-delivery @ 18:43 - you can't see the nearly-whole flounder but you've got both their faces ;)

Yay!

The other 2 came and waited, something was interesting to all of them:

Both sibs came and waited but KC4 was the more constant and got the leftover:

KC2 waited (I don't "feel" that we see as much of her on the nest as the other two):

Not a lot left for her, easy to fly off with tho ;)

KC4 picked toenail before flying off for the night:

One second to midnight: