Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is on 20 July.

Everyone have a safe and content week!

• Plenty of room for a lively dog to run about!!

Edit: the spit of sand where you can see people walking disappeared within five minutes of this, as the tide came in.

• The beginning of the smaller mountains of the Llyn Peninsula which is not far away. 

• Lovely pics, LINDY. Thank you.
    ANNETTE - can empathise with you regarding tiredness but I know that it is a good sort of tiredness! Was your OH suffering from the vertigo that I remember he gets ?
    AQ - Hope that the buttons meet with approval. Do you cut buttons off old things before dumping them? I inherited a full button box from OHs late wife.
    OG - annoying for you, trying to get the pc fixed. I asked my eldest son in law how old mine was ( he's the fixer). He thought that it must be getting quite ancient. Like me.
    OH and I had a pc each for the reason as you describe. His is still here but obviously not in use.
    Hello to everyone !
  • I also love the pics, Lindy. Thank you. It looks like a good, relaxing place to be. It would probably more relaxing if you could get the boiler fixed.

OH had his pre op assessment yesterday, and this morning had a phone call from an anaesthetist. How thing have changed.

Very warm here today, but not much sun. Hoping for some rain tomorrow. Watering the garden is very time consuming at the moment.

Heather, AQ. My mother always cut buttons off old things. I used to do the same, but they got out of hand! Some of the Charity shops sell old buttons. Some people are very pleased to find them.
  • I think we mentioned on here once how many of us (most) had a button box. I still cut them off old garments, I suppose it's a habit now.

Rosy, yes we could do with constant hot water! We do get it intermittently, so my OH had to stand guard ready to press some buttons on the boiler which I don't understand, in case it went suddenly stone cold whilst I was in the shower. I managed it, though.

Realised today, that normally we would have spent the best part of the day at the Tatton Park Flower Show. Boo.

It's raining tonight and tomorrow sounds wet so we may catch up on our reading and polishing.
  • Evening all:  We had a good day.  Flooring was delivered this morning and stacked in the living room in order to acclimatize over the weekend.   D and I went off to Zoo, which has two new lions - male and female - which are apparently getting on like a house on fire what with their 'frisky' behavior, causing consternation and various sudden diversionary tactics among parents of some young children.  Need I say more?  

Lindybird: Do hope boiler parts come in soon.  Lovely pix.

OG; Are computer problems sorted?

Rosy: When is OH's procedure scheduled?

Heather:  OH a bit better this evening but still not quite right.  We called doc's office today (only to find out he'd just for a weeks vacation!) and have been told to call Monday a.m. for appt with his stand-in if he doesn't feel better.

Am going to chase down some chocolate and something undemanding to watch on TV for an  hour.  Take care all.

• I have been cutting off & saving buttons forever, but of course none of them are what OH wanted. Some initial delay as I did not have exact colour thread. After I had sewn a “sample” of each, I thought darker better, but You-Know-Who wanted the lighter. It is his vest, so lighter it is. Three buttons attached before I decided on a break. Meanwhile I have finished another vest from leftover wool and I must gather them up for charity shop before winter ends.

• First child eats dirt. Parent calls doctor.
    Second child eats dirt. Parent clears out mouth.
    Third child eats dirt. Parent wonders if she really needs to feed him lunch.

Childhood is that wonderful time of life when all you need to do to lose weight is take a bath.