Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The new moon (the dark moon) is on 20 July.

Everyone have a safe and content week!

• DIANE – Thank you for starting us off. Wow, you seem to have high temps & high humidity. I hope you are keeping cool & collected.

LINDA – Thank you for the beautiful cheery garden photos yesterday. FRIENDS – Do check back & look.

After church I detoured to collect OH’s fruit scones from bakery and then to chemist for script I left on Wednesday. Once upon a time excuses like those would have been enough for me to go out and not wait until today!

Our state’s police are using dogs to check freight trucks for people smugglers from Victoria. They are also looking for three who claimed medical emergency to cross border but did not go to medical centre. Some people think restrictions don’t apply to them.

• I can't believe I forgot to go to the gym today. That's 7 years in a row now.

Eat cake. It's somebody's birthday somewhere.

No matter how much I eat, at least my shoes still fit.

• AQ: Yup. It's miserable here. The Weather Service just released the Advisories for Sunday. With the extremely high humidity and dew point, the "feels like" temperature will be 106F or 41.1C. I don't have air conditioning anymore. The air is so very heavy, it's difficult to breathe. I'm going to check my health cabinet and see whether I can find one of my Mom's old inhalers.

• Diane: Thank you for the new start. But geez, those are terrible temps - and no a/c.  Any chance of getting one of those small window units?

AQ:  I can't believe how scummy some people are.  We're seeing increased car break-ins around here and packages disappearing from porches.  Neighbors are posting Ring doorbell videos of these people on the local web site.

And yes, do go back and look at the fabulous photos from Lindybird - just spectacular!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Good Morning. Sitting in bed with a mug of tea brought by my OH, after a ropey night - tossed and turned. It was awful, grey weather yesterday & rained all day, so by the end of the day I felt quite tearful. If you knew me, I'm really not that kind of person, so even the fact that I felt like that was worrying.

The sun is out now and we are going to visit Sue this morning, so I hope to feel better today.

Diane, that is so horrible for you: I hope the weather improves conditions, soon. Thank you for starting us off on a new week.
  • Glad your enjoyed the colourful pics!
  • Lovely pics Lindy. Thank you. A good way to start the day.

Thank you Diane for starting the week. Sorry about your awful weather.
  • DIANE - thanks for starting us off yet again. Sorry your weather is so uncomfortable.

AQ - awful that folks are crossing the border illegally from Victoria. Liked the calorific Thoughts!

ANNETTE - have a good day getting ready for your family coming.

LINDA - stunning photos from your garden! Sorry you felt so down and had a really awful night - hope you get enough sunshine to help you today. Have a good visit with Sue.

ROSY - are you anywhere nearer organising a visit from your Granddaughter? I do hope transport can be arranged.

Woke up with worse than usual pain in left wrist and right leg this morning. Because I rely on crutches or frame, the wrist also affects walking - horrible situation. Think I shall eventually need to have the wrist Xrayed - it is getting more out of shape. But not letting anyone medical near me until I get my post-lockdown hair cut on Tuesday! Mixed sky today, but no rain till (they say) Wednesday. E-E will be able to finish the grass mowing this afternoon. I shall be busy typing one-handed.
  • Lindy, I did not see your post about your bad night before I posted earlier ( I had an interruption).
    I hope the visit to Sue will cheer you up.

I spoke to my sister this morning, and she is feeling very "down". This is very unusual for her. As many have said on here, the present situation is having a negative effect on us all.

OG, not good about your worsening pain. I don't blame you though, for not wanting to see anyone without first getting a hair cut. I feel that I look like a witch, so am trying to keep a low profile until Wednesday (riding my broomstick). I have just arranged to meet my friend in the park on Tuesday, though. She has the same hairdresser, so will not be shocked.

Annette, enjoy getting ready for the family visit. Great that Miss D can stay with you.

Vandals (probably bored and/or inebriated young men) have trespassed in our communal gardens and smashed up our benches. It feels very upsetting.

Best wishes to Heather, AQ and everyone else not mentioned.
  • ROSY - so sad to read of the vandalism in your garden - I think the vandals are probably as affected as we are by the situation, but don't react the way we older and possibly wiser people do - it shows instead in increased activity to spoil life for others. Sorry your Sister is so down; forgive me forgetting, is she home alone?