Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe, content week!

Be sure to check back to the end of last week's thread, to see Lindy's grandchildren photos and the last posts!

• What a start to your caravan break. It can only get better. You are obviously out os practice, no soup or oil!!!

OG Have seen no touring boats and as there was a red flag at the entrance to the canal we think it may be closed to traffic, though there was a lock keeper at Dochgarroch.
  • Bleak day, fog lingered. The very few interstate planes were circling over Murray Mallee until safe to land. One international was diverted to Sydney, poor things. Still high covid numbers in Victoria. Hot spots in NSW and likely to spread there. Hotel patrons did not bother leaving contact details, now 100s and100s have to be tracked down for isolation &/or testing.
  • Good Morning. Had a good nights sleep, as we did indeed down a glass of wine with our M&S dinner, which thankfully just needed popping into the oven without needing cooking oil! Also had a naughty vanilla slice for dessert, which was yummy but seemed to give my OH bad indigestion. Maybe the wrong time of day to eat a big meal, plus he was stressing about things instead of relaxing. Sorted with some indigestion tablets but I think I might have to insist he sees the Doc some time about his chest pains which seem related to eating.

Sorry, rambling on: he brought me a welcome kettle of hot water to start the day so at least my face is clean!

Sorry to see that California is going backwards, dont think it will be the only area, sadly. Was shocked though to see some of the very strong reactions to being asked to wear masks, in Texas in particular.
  • Sounds grim, AQ. Enjoy your library trip if it comes off OK.
  • Ditto from me, AQ.
    LINDY - Agree, stress +pastry is not a good combination for some folk. Indeed, my middle daughter gets terrible indigestion if she eats pastry.
    I'm meeting her in town this morning, doing some shopping then going to M and S hoping to get Coquilles St Jacques for lunch here. It was a favourite of my OH and I haven't had them since those times , so looking forward to enjoying them again. ( Sorry, OG, I think you don't like them).
  • Have a nice trip to town, Heather.

Still waiting for the Boiler Man.....

Had to remind my OH, who always gets up in the morning before me, to have his indigestion medication which he takes once a day, first thing! Never remembers to unless I put it out on the counter right by the kettle. Argh.

I'm becoming a Moaning Minnie. Sorry.

He's been cleaning all our outside railings which are PVC and always look a bit dingy after winter, so need a good wipe down. Because there's been no one here, the birds have been sitting on all the railings and post tops, which is now not a pretty sight!!

• Morning all

Thought,not only us Oldies!!! you may like my 7year old granddaughter writing on Lock down 

• SUNNYKATE - so good that she was able to express this!  By coincidence, my elder Daughter shred this on Facebook today - advice for us all.

• Hey, where is everyone? We have LINDA accounted for - hope her water heater is fixed and that Bonnie had a less adventurous walk today.

Weather here nothing of note - normal Scottish summer day! Normal birds visiting - including young Robin who is coming along well. Been busy with various church and domestic communications - cheese order completed over the phone.
  • HEATHER Hope you enjoy your coquilles St Jacques. I love it, but Oh not so keen.