Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe, content week!

Be sure to check back to the end of last week's thread, to see Lindy's grandchildren photos and the last posts!

• Glad you have arrived safely, LINDY. Hope the boiler gets fixed quickly.
    OG- yes, he has to be in a hotel for two days before flying to the rig, to allow for testing. He should have been away by now but he is not needed yet.
    ROSY - So sad that your GD and her dad are having to wait until ? when, to see each other x
  • ANNETTE - I thinks WENDY's Daughter was due to travel up on 11th.

Not sure what has happened to the weather - quite windy with wetness in the wind but not what can really call rain! OH had Zoom meeting and now we have to mail out a load of letters - I shall help with putting them in envelopes.
  • A rather shaky start here: after tusselling with the boiler at first, trying to fix it himself, my OH was annoyed that he needed to phone for some help. This was promised "after another job was finished" - we unpacked and waited in vain for over three hours, then a man arrived and had look at it. He is sending another man with a van containing some parts he thinks we need, in the morning. So no hot water till then!

Meanwhile, he took Bonnie onto the beach where she ate a very dry, crispy, long dead fish. And then rolled in what looked like a dead seal washed up on the sand! Ugh. Next, a wash - - with dog shampoo and cold water, of course.

I put the food into the cupboard, and found I had forgotten to bring any soup (which I had put on one side to bring, so goodness knows where it is now) and also, no cooking oil! Disaster! Now I really will have to go shopping tomorrow, which I didn't want to do, but ho hum.

Think we'll be going tired to bed early!
  • Annette - Just heard that California has been put back into lockdown. Hope that isn't going to be too awful for you, and that it won't disrupt your planned family visits. If only we could see the back of this awful virus ...

Lindy - Sounds as though your visit to Wales is becoming a bit tricky. Hope everything smooths out tomorrow, that you get hot water, are able to get what you need in the local shops and that Bonnie doesn't have any ill effects after her visit to the beach. And that you can all have some days of peace and quiet and relaxation after a traumatic start.
  • Pat O - it must seem hard for those who are going through this pandemic alone - there is light at the end of a very long tunnel but we just can't quite see it yet. We are mostly at home with very little venturing out, only to local shops for the odd thing or two, but we keep smiling through and that is all one can do. At least you can have a moan on here and let it out, hopefully feeling a little better for it. Take care.

Not a lot happening down here - same old routine but we're getting by.
  • AQ - sounds like a great visit from Dau, allbeit briefer than expected. OH will just have to put up with the chaos after all its only for a short time. LOL I bet the singing was fun and they were obviously trying to cheer one up.

Lindybird - enjoy your trip to Wales. At least you are managing to get away for a bit.

OG - Nice to hear you are keeping reasonably well and that OH is looking after you OK. Pity that cheese order went skewey.

Annette, Hi hope all ok with you and yours. Diane - As usual started us off on another week, hope you are Ok too.
  • Crikey, Lindy, Bonnie did the fishy thing very well then - eating a dead one, rolling in the remains of something washed up - I bet she stunk after that. Hope boiler gets fixed and hot water in abundance tomorrow.
  • Woke this morning to . . . fog. It does improve our view of the Grand Design. However I was planning an excursion to Port Adelaide to library to stockpile books, followed by a wander around old buildings with camera. I have been anticipating for a week but kept deferring – rain, shopping, cleaning etc for The Visit. What did I do to offend the weather gods? As usual I chose today’s quote last eve, else it would not have been so positive!
  • Just a thought

When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. (Marcus Aurelius)

• Evening all:

AQ: I really like today's Just a Thought.  I'll have a word with your weather gods and tell them to shape up!

Lindybird:  How frustrating!  I do hope there was a nice glass of wine somewhere in the day and that tomorrow will be more relaxing.

PatO: Yes, Governor Newsom decided we all need to go stand in the corner with our Dunce caps on. I have no problem with the reimposed restrictions, although it's a pain because I was just getting into a sort of routine at the gym again.  Thank heaven I went this morning before the Governor's lunchtime press conference.  While I was there, I was thrilled to see our Tai Chi teacher leading a very small class in the courtyard.  She said they'd just started the class again, but now - oh well.  

OG: Thanks for the info re Wendy's schedule.

Big excitement here today was a brush fire across the freeway (the second one there in a week!) that started in a homeless encampment near the railroad tracks.  I'd been napping in the garden and awoke to sirens - too many to ignore - then saw smoke  Walked down and watched a helicopter make at least 15 water drops. You could hear the eucalyptus trees popping and cracking as they caught fire.  It's out now, but this is the fourth.in the general area in the last few months and I'm sure there'll be an outcry....  

Thanks all for chat and news!