Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 July 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe, content week!

Be sure to check back to the end of last week's thread, to see Lindy's grandchildren photos and the last posts!

• Had a lovely day with middle daughter, lunch was tasty. We have arranged a family meal for Friday, not everyone because of numbers, sadly, but looking forward to it.
  • That sounds good heather (both things). I won't ask about combos of numbers and families because I cannot keep up with the rules here.

It was a beautiful morning here. Thin cloud and quite still. I was watering our two latest planted cherry trees around 9.30 am, and the bees were buzzing around the oregano. I love the flowers.

I hope Lindy managed to get the boiler fixed, and can have a hot shower.

My exciting day after the watering, consisted of descaling the kettle, cleaning a blocked shower, and visiting the bottle bank.
  • Dibnlib, I must be out of practice, I seem to have forgotten several things!

Boiler was finally fixed by Man & his apprentice arriving at 3.00 in the afternoon, and draining and flushing out all the pipes - "All sorts of rubbish in there!" he said cheerfully. We lurked in the lounge area whilst they both banged around in our 2nd loo, where the boiler lives in a cupboard. I never could see the point of having 2 loos in such a small establishment, but lots of the modern caravans do. I suppose its because lots of households have 2 at home these days. Anyway, we had to clear it out as I use it for storage, so various stuff went across the passageway into the bedroom opposite, including 2 clothes airers, various buckets, coats, our grandchildrens fishing nets, etc etc. Then we had to put it back again later.

The social distancing thing was also tested by our Site Manager making an appearance to look at our door lock, which keeps sticking. I put Bonnie in the car so she couldn't escape, as my OH was elsewhere talking to another Spaniel owner. Eventually, he cured the door, so that's another thing off the list, as we've never had so many workmen in our van since we bought it! There we were, thinking we would have an isolated visit!!!! Ha!

So we both luxuriated in a shower tonight, and we enjoyed a pork chop dinner with our own potatoes from home. Bliss!  Edit: separate showers, as it's not that big!!!! !!!!

• Rosy, I see you've had a similarly exciting day. Does the showerhead get blocked because you have hard water in your area? Our son does, but ours is soft water.

Heather, glad you enjoyed your lunch. Another family meal coming up, too, how lovely.

Hope AQ has had a better day, or will have - I struggle to think that she is before us.

I see on tonight's reports that someone is describing the Orange Menace as having dementia - LOL!! Can't imagine he will be best pleased by that!
  • Hallo all:  Nice day here; catching up with friends on phone and general puttering.

Heather: What a lift that must have been - and more to look forward to!

Lindybird:  Glad you got the caravan sorted; you may have to add an extra day on your stay to make up for all the folderol.  Dementia would be a kind description.

Am visiting Brit friend in her garden tomorrow where there's plenty of room to spread out.  Other than that, not a lot to report.

• I slept in. I went off on shopping expedition forgetting I intended to wash first. Now it is a lovely sunny day. Grr. Bakery informs me they only bake sultana scones at weekend (last week they said alternate days). The only scone OH will eat – it’s a once-a-week treat. I met Shopping-Friend and we chatted in a quiet aisle (frozen pastries) with our 2 trolleys between! Back to chemist that OH prefers (but you know who actually visits there). Crowded, waited 10 mins to deposit script, so I said I would be back tomorrow or Friday. I am assuming either day will be a library & camera excursion day. Sunshine means I should attack the weeds this arvo. Maybe.

• Wi-Fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people.

I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.

Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost. (Russell Baker)

• AQ: Here's a photo of a storm coming up over a little country church about an hour south of where I live. I just know that you like photographing churches. HERE