GLASLYN OSPREYS - JULY 2020

.A hasty start to the new month, to get something done in BIRDIE's forced absence and before the possible/probable FIRST OF THE MONTH FREEZE (and I've already got freezing probs here!).

When Birdie is back in she may give me her comprehensive version to insert here :)

Parents and chicks are all doing well, with no real upsets so far.

©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

• Is BNN still on people's 'friends' lists?
  • This is really bad news if all Birdie's input to this Forum in the last 7 or 8 years has gone...... the amount of information and contributions is such a great loss for this forum.   Surely the Tech people at RSPB can do something to reinstate all this historical information.  

Plus why should all the Glaslyn threads disappear just because she started the thread, surely something can be done to retrieve all those details.   

• Sandra P said:
    Is BNN still on people's 'friends' lists?

-----------------oooOOOooo--------------------

Yes Sandra she is still in my message list.....  

EDIT: I just double checked Sandra, and my reply message to her is there but her message to me is not.   Looks like she has been wiped completely from the system.....  something very strange and weird going on here.    I have never seen this happen ever before.   She is also not on my Friends list, but saying that so are a lot of others who are missing.   

• Good grief, Mary, this is not right at all. Hoping the 'powers that be' get Birdie back here asap, she is so very much missed...
  • As posted on LOTL, MARY - I wonder if you might be able to send BIRDIE my email address?  We've had a little chat on YouTube but one can't go on like that.

• 30 July

I've had a catastrophe with the screen capture version with timeline, I do believe some of this will be out of order - if you know what I mean.

KC3 waiting for breakfish - as was KC2:

KC2 got whole flounder:

Live flounder got left on the nest !!!

Soon MrsG and the 3 juves were on the nest with the fish:

It's been worth the hassle to find KC3 bringing a pine cone to the perch:

KC3 got the next flounder:

KC4 got some of that later.

We didn't see this arrive on the nest but I wonder if KC2 brought it back from earlier - see MrsG in attendance:

KC3 got the next fish from Aran:

MrsG flew off with this much:

A sequence - MrsG arrived with the last fish, KC3 did end up on the nest waiting for it but went about it a strange way:

KC3 got the fish from MrsG, then Aran brough a new flounder:

KC2 came and sat shouting between KC4 and KC3 with their fish - she eventually flew off with KC3's leftover:

A long period of onscreen inactivity, then:

KC2 had a look at Aran's flounder but preferred the leftover of the previous "proper" fish ;) so Aran flew off with it:

KC4 found some entrail:

Then Aran brought her a flounder - was it the same one that wasn't wanted earlier?

Just to prove it, seein' as Heather zoomed:

Then the cam went into changeover squirly so we don't know why KC4 ended up picking up the entrail again:

The entrail remained on the nest, invisible under nightcam - but the remaining fish can be seen, reassuring that KC4 had had enough :-*  A slug tested it but rejected it.

• There might have been a fish delivery but there's no-one on the cam at the mo. MrsG is there and she's just nibbled something...
  • A ha ...... KC3 uses cone as practise for a fish methinks. Holding it and pecking it on a perch. Smart thinking Junior .

What a dad Aran is....... handsome, dashing and one **** of a fisher

Thank you Scylla
  • 31 JULY

First visitor, didn't stay long:

I seem to have a few minutes missing either side of 06:00 and when nightcam view switched over to day.

After a long empty view a juvie appeared on the perch for a few moments, then MrsG visited the nest and left, and I've got nothing more until a fish was delivered (cam was misdirected) @ 08:12 :o 

KC4 got it, I'm not sure what she thought of it Grin

A queue formed ;)

Heather focused on this, I assume it's last night's entrail ???

More of the entrail!

MrsG took no notice while KC2 struggled to get rid of a pellet ;)

KC3 flew in with a stick to claim fish, I don't think he bashed Aran but can't be sure (this is difficult, with sun and webs and web victims marring the scene!):

MrsG came and pottered, KC2 flew in and waited... Aran brought a stick!  (Too blurry to bother.)

Half(?) fish for KC2, we never got a good view of it.  She stayed on the nest eating an had to flatten for a brief intrusion alert off-screen.

She flew off with this much @ 11:04:

No-one on the nest, this was an hour later:

Empty-cropped MrsG came and shouted:

She skedaddled when KC3 arrived, he was also empty-cropped:

KC2 (also empty-cropped) came, they took it in turns to sit down:

KC3 spent a long time preening on the perch before flying off:

Distant view of 2 sibs?

There is a sight for sore eyes to come, but I have to have a kitchen break,besides which this post is pretty highly populated!