Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 June 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SOLSTICE!

Everyone have a wonderful, safe, healthy week!

There were lots and lots of new posts at the end of last week's thread, so check back. 

• Thanks Diane.  I may check back with the Stonehenge link later this evening to see the (I hope) sunrise.

OG: Hope everything is okay with you guys.

Have a good Sunday all. And Happy Fathers Day to all the guys on here.

• I feel great!. Just home from church, though it was a little strange. “Do Not Sit” signs on alternate pews. Mostly 3 people per pew & distanced, except family groups. Icecream tubs at front for collection. Less singing than usual. We had to sign in. Afterwards a woman was trying to check us off as we left. Alas, she ran after someone and didn’t come back, so several of us left unchecked! Heavy rain overnight and a sudden shower after I arrived home.

HEATHER – My OH is always cold and has the heater on far more often than I would. I tell him to wear the aran jumper I knitted for him long ago. Don’t worry, Redbacks on toilets seats were in Ye Olden Days when the toilet was a dunny at the far end of the yard.

I was hoping some people had coughed over the Oklahoma podium. . .

Our neighbouring state, Victoria, 5th day with double digit increases of virus, so they have reintroduced some restrictions as half of new cases are from family groups gathering when they should not have. They are back to 5 visitors to a house. Plans to allow 50 in cafes, etc have been cancelled. Our state has said we will not open SA-VIC border as promised 20 July. I think we have had no new cases for 25 days. And the VIC Premier said this week “Who would want to go to SA.” He’s copping plenty of flak,

• My computer could be more encouraging.
    You know, instead of "invalid password", why not something like, "Ooooh, you're so close!"? (Lisa Porter)

Buying the right computer and getting it to work properly is no more complicated than building a nuclear reactor from wristwatch parts in a darkened room using only your teeth. (Dave Barry)

Television (I think mine's smart, but I'm not smart enough to find out). [Our friend Pat]

Those who can't write programs, write help files.

• Good Morning. Supposedly watching the Stonehenge sunrise, but it's very wet both there and here, too.
  • Thanks to Diane for starting us off: I went back to sleep after writing the above. It rained a lot in the night, so no need to water the garden at present.

Happy Fathers Day to those reading here. My OH had his cards yesterday, but has not opened them yet.
  • Sorry to contradict speculation, folks, I have not been busy - just been very lazy - apart from working on Magazine. We are testing a different way of distributing it which means I have to have it ready earlier and produce in two formats. It's actually going well, despite me taking time off - in the garden at least once every day. Weather is a bit changeable, and not necessarily precipitating at the forecast times, but still very warm and with sunshine between. Birds are all very active, so a good distraction when I do sit at my desk!

Anyway I intend to reappear later today - maybe even with some replies.
  • Happy to see all OK with you, OG.

Been out for a walk, but it was not very relaxing: lots of children, a lot of them on bicycles, and a LOT of adults whizzing by, too. Can be rather discombobulating when you don't hear them coming. Also, Bonnie was thrilled to find a dead rabbit in the bottom of a hedge. It was freshly dead, but stiff. She ran around with it in her mouth, and wouldn't give it up. All the children were excited...."Look at that dog!!"

Eventually, we were able to walk far enough away for her to panic and drop it, to come and look for us. Then we had to put her on a lead so she didn't see it again on our way back to the car!
  • Morning all: Good to see OG and know she's capable of being lazy. :-) All okay here; went for walk; now home only to realize the chicken I was going to defrost for dinner doesn't exist. :-(
  • Sorry -didn't get back - now late - tomorrow is another day!
  • Never mind, OG. Another day, as you say. We are sitting here wondering where the weekend has gone. It's flown by.

Enjoyed speaking to the family for Fathers Day. Put some photos online of some dreadful littering in the woods near us, which my OH discovered this morning. Some youngsters no doubt decided to have their own "rave". Ugh. I thought that young people nowadays were all up to caring for the environment, but the mess these left was heartbreaking: bottles, plastic, litter and broken glass. My OH asked me to photograph it and then we picked some it up - two very large supermarket bags full which was only a half of what was there. He'll go back tomorrow for the rest.

I've put pictures of it online on a local page for people to see.