DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JUNE 2020

It seems that Telyn overdid the delayed incubation of egg #1 this season, and we therefore have chicks only from eggs #2 and #3.  But what fine chicks they are - thanks to the new man Idris's provisioning and Telyn's mothering, they are doing very well.

Proud parents:

I hope you're not having a justified giggle at my struggles on this routine first of the month, KORKY, cos I didn't do the new thread early!  It's been worse, tho.

IMAGICAT

• up on the post

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Telyn

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• more of the same

Magnus Ullman

• wing stretch

Magnus Ullman

• time to take flight

Magnus Ullman

• something bothering Telyn

Magnus Ullman

• something still bothering Telyn

Magnus Ullman

• Telyn still restless

Magnus Ullman

• A few minyes ago Idris landed on the nest perch with the remains of a fish and then he flew to the nest Nobody was interested so after waiting a while, he flew off taking thefish with him Evidently about 20 minutes ago there was a huge clap of thunder and the chicks dived down and Idris took off like a bat out of hell Raining heavily and Telyn already soaked Offering what protection she can to the chicks
  • 25th oddments

Telyn and Idris spent the night watching over their babies from the nest perch.

The morning light was difficult.

A substantial stick per Telyn:

A substantial fish per Idris:

Precocious flyer

Telyn's lovely feathers (and I couldn't ascertain why she was looking up very intently for a while):

Idris(?) with a clump:

patily said:
    20 minutes ago there was a huge clap of thunder and the chicks dived down and Idris took off like a bat out of hell Raining heavily and Telyn already soaked Offering what protection she can to the chicks

Telyn did several fast fly-offs and I can't pin down the thunder-related one :(  Never mind ;)

While she was away and Idris was on the high perch with a fish, the chicks were lively!

Later, soggy feathers:

After a good feed we got a different angle:

Soggy chick:

Idris nodding off on the high perch, nice 'n dry!

Same setup as last night:

IMAGICAT