Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week!

• Good Morning. Sunny here!....... busy in the garden. .....
  • Got tarted up a bit today as I was going to the supermarket!!!!
  • dibnlib:  I know the feeling. My daily wardrobe involves 1: Yoga pants & t-shirt for morning walk; 2: Shorts and t-shirt for around the house and afternoon walk (neighbor friendly shorts donned for walk) and 3:marginally dressy pants and fresh t-shirt for store outings.

Looks like the weather isn't so good for that SpaceX launch.

I also see that the DC debacle continues in the UK.  And he drove his car with his child in it to check his eyesight?  Anyway, enough of him - we have the Great Orange Buffoon to worry about....

• Hi, all. Not many posts on here today, but I think most in the UK will be in their gardens - getting hotter by the day, again. OH has been doing little and often outside, rather than working right through.

I don’t think I can reply individually to everyone re yesterday.

DIBNLIB – am imagining you dressed up for shopping! You probably cheered other people up, too.

ANNETTE – DC and boss seem to think the whole matter will disappear – I can’t see how; it has really got the whole nation talking – shouting – arguing – claiming their “rights” – doing silly things! Cummings looks like a haunted man, and Boris can only answer questions by blustering and bumbling – although I must say the media are going way over the top with this one. As for your guy – well, what will he do next?
    1. IOG yes the weather has been perfect for gardening. After 8 weeks of digging out all the borders and replanting . Removing one border to make mowing easier I heaved a sigh of relief looked at my labours and gave my feet a jolly good soak as they seemed to have changed colour .
      Just ordered some wooden edging to replace the rotting one that had been there for 15 years . About 22 metres worth but the last big task this year .
      OH watched a video and thinned my hair. I have short hair that just like my girls is very wavy. OG will vouch for the fact he did well .
      Youngest sorting out her long awaited trip.. so excited and she will arrange a test before she comes up.. missed her so much and dogs will be delighted .
  • Wendy b - well done you, you deserve some pampering now!

Went over to D-I-L's this morning to wish her Happy Birthday, she has been off now for 10 weeks with the Corvid 19 virus but hopes to return to work on a phased timing next week, mind you they test everybody going into the hospital now. She is a frontline worker . It was lovely this evening as her dau arranged a Zoom meeting with her brothers and us so we could have a virtual birthday party with cake.

Been another glorious day down here but I find it too hot to sit in the garden, prefer the shade. with windows and doors wide open to let the air through the house.
  • I had a good night’s sleep, only woke at 1 am & 6 am when I decided, despite the dark, it was time to get up, creep around not waking OH. Not so cold this morn, 10 C, a few days ago it was below 5.

Much angst as our state has 1 new case after 3 weeks free. The angst because the woman had flown in to Melbourne and one week into her 2 weeks quarantine was permitted to fly to Adelaide to visit dying father. Test at our airport was positive for virus and now she and many others in isolation. Angst because many people have been unable to visit their elderlies in nursing homes which have strict rules, window visits only.

I hear the great wonder man is wondering whether to take insulin. OH had a suggestion what else he could take.

It does not look likely that OH will go out for lunch soon. His favourite places are either doing take-away or evenings only. He won’t try anywhere new. My cooking must be satisfactory.

• Inside me there’s a thin person struggling to get out, but I can usually sedate him with four or five cupcakes. (Bob Thaves)

It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb cholesterol if you take it from another person’s plate. (Dave Barry)

I just bought a head of lettuce. Should I throw it away now or wait two weeks like I usually do?

Vegetables are something God invented to let women get even with their children. (P J O'Rourke)