Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week!

• Good Morning. Sunny again!!

We are told similar, here: masks are only useful to stop a person from coughing over others nearby. Makes sense to me. When we go out (which isn't often) we both take scarves with us which we can pop on in case we are asked to.

AQ - A rather frustrating trip with others determined to spoil your fun, but I guess it was still nice to get out & about, all the same. Sounds as if you can still attract a man! Hope your OH was impressed!
  • Next door had a BBQ yesterday, with their parents and the children - lots of giggles over the fence as they were all playing in the garden as if everything was normal!! Grr.

Balloon went sailing over the trees so Grandpa went out to fetch it from nearby field, with little one on his shoulders.
  • That is so annoying, LINDY when so many of us are doing our best to follow the guidelines.
    I'm a happy bunny ( at the moment !) because I ordered bedding plants and compost from one of our local garden centres at 9.30 this morning and it all arrived here at 4pm. All plants in excellent condition.
    It's been an odd day, my son phoned a few times with medical questions, my youngest daughter had a bird fly into her house and it seemed to want to stay. I've pulled yet more dandelions out of the grass. I will have to tackle them.

• URGHGH! My copy function has gone wrong - wrote a long post then noticed I wasn't signed in, so I did the usual to copy what I had said while I signed in, and when I went back to this box, it pasted the thing before last - a phrase from the magazine - it also did it this afternoon when I was copying draft stuff onto magazine pages.

Can't redo it now - will come back tomorrow.
  • Went to the garden centre, where there were lots of notices about what to do & where to go, etc. One way around the place - found the bird seed 1st, but then when I found the bedding plants, they'd been decimated over the weekend and they didn't have what I wanted. I bought a couple of small things and some slug pellets for my OH to use at the allotment.

Much cooler today, so not much gardening done. Hoping for nicer day tomorrow, weather wise. Heather, well done on getting your plants delivered, I hope they're a success.
  • For the record, I wear a mask every time I leave the house. I'm the only one in my community who wears one.

But, I've always lived in defiance of my community's opinions, anyway. LOL

• Our Governor has just announced that hair salons/barbers can open BUT with masks. Seems like everyone here wears one or has one on hand when they're out and about (me included) and you can't enter a store without one. I won't be rushing to get a haircut for a while though; will give the new rules a month or so and see what happens before I get too adventurous. I have noticed though that things do seem to be getting busier around here....
  • Just realized that SpaceX is launching its first manned mission to the ISS tomorrow (weather permitting) from Florida. It's due to lift off at 4:22 pm Eastern Time, which I think is about 5 hours behind the UK and I know is 3 hours ahead of California. Fingers crossed all goes well.....    (Sorry AQ; can only do one computation at a time!).  :-)

• Just a thought
    It's not what you have in life, But who you have in life.