Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 May 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, safe week!

• Heather - so sorry about your Nephew - prayers for his recovery.

• aquilareen said:
    Why does the caged bird raise its voice in song?  
    Because it lives in hope of one day flying free.

Thanks as always for all your wonderful ' thoughts for the day,' they are appreciated..

The last one today, makes me feel so sad ,when I  think of anything being caged, even in Lockdown,it makes one value, our normal freedom .

• KATE - I did hesitate to post the last quote. I thought how we are confined and whether it would be upsetting. I remembered my reaction when Dau#2 got her first “pets”, 2 goldfish. I had an urge to set them free, yet knowing they would not survive if I did. I have not visited our zoo for ages as I can’t bear to see the animals pacing. OK I did visit Kingussie wildlife park, otherwise I would not ever see the exotic. Please don’t feel too sad, this lockdown will end. Ours here is easing ever so slowly and I hope thus safely. {{{HUGS}}}

• Kate - I too hate to see animals and birds caged. But I thought AQ's quote was rather lovely, and quite appropriate for our lives at the moment. Most caged birds have never known freedom and would probably not survive if the cage door was opened. We, on the other hand, have known freedom and surely will know it again. Their 'hope' is for something they have never experienced, whereas ours is for what we have always taken for granted and is temporarily removed from us. (Goodness - that's deep for so early in the morning!)

One of my neighbours has an 'indoor' cat. We all know cats are normally hunters and like the outdoors; this very pampered puss has been offered 'outdoors' but has turned up her rather aristocratic nose, said 'no thanks' and retreated to her comfortable basket beside the radiator. In the warm weather we have been having, she will occasionally deign to lie on the carpet in a patch of sun, but that's the nearest 'outside' she wants, thank you very much!

On the subject of caged birds, when I was a child we had a canary who enjoyed competing with the hoover - he usually won, having an extremely loud voice! My mother, who was excellent at naming animals, christened him Caruso - and my sister and I still remember him with a smile.
  • Oh bless you both,(the written word can sometimes give a false reading)

As I said I always enjoy AQ's thoughts, including this mornings,
    It was, just my own thought, on our similar situations,
    Apologies for upsetting anyone, that truly was not my intention.

CHOL:):) I will return to just lurking

• Keep writing, SunnyKate - it's always good to hear from you!
  • Yes, SunnyKate, don't lurk. :-)

Good Afternoon. Don't know how I missed checking in this morning, except that I hosed myself down early and rushed off to get my weeks shopping. Usually go on a Friday these days but as we had a vast amount of stuff delivered on Thursday from Tesco, I left it till today. Regretted it as had to queue for about 25 mins to get into the s'market. Never mind, I got what I wanted and the house is now groaning with food.

Hope there will be better news of Heathers nephew soon.

My OH is baking himself in the garden, covered in sun oil. I've come in for ten minutes shut eye and am trying not to watch The News which is, as usual a depressing mix of all the stuff they feel obliged to tell us, leaving out the good stories :-(
  • Sounds more like frying than baking, Lindy!
  • LOL! Pat. He loves the sun. But we do have a large parasol to retreat under, where he sits to read. Bonnie watches from shade of nearby bush.
  • More flowers for those who like them:

Iris with vivid colour. 

Rose which just opened this morning.