WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MAY 17, 2020

Just getting us going.....

• Just a thought
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language.
    And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky. (Monique Duval)
  • AQ:  What are the chances that The Great Orange Oracle will suffer any of the potentially very nasty side effects of that drug?  Sigh.        Meanwhile, good luck at Target.

• ANNETTE – No such luck.

DIBNLIB – Thank you. Found it!

• Good Morning. Actual raindrops on my window this morning! But my OH says it's not been anything like enough to give the garden a drink.

I wrote a paragraph or two last night, but for some reason it disappeared <sigh>

I was too tired to write it all again at that time of day, but it included Congratulations to Rosy on their Golden Wedding, and to wish Annette's OH a good day on Friday.
  • We just saw the Great Orange Menace on TV saying "what harm can it do?" to take a drug not prescribed by his doctors. I'm afraid I burst out laughing when I read online that it can cause heart problems...
  • It is hard to believe that he could do that..... I hope that he doesn't have sole control of the red button.....
  • It doesn't cause heart problems if one doesn't have a heart. . . or some other vital organ.

• Good morning all from a  cloudy but humid Suffolk. Love hearing all your news.

Heather - I sympathise with you about people ignoring the rules - they are for everyone's benefits but some don't appear to understand.

Annette - I look at the USG Earthquake site and have seen numerous reports from Nevada - some almost every hour but hardly nothing in the news about this. Today is listing almost 20 - is this normal?

Diane - any update on the cocoon?

Today is a Red Letter Day for me as I have managed to book a timeslot at our local recycling centre and have 5 large bags of gardening waste and grass cutting. You can book one a week so when I get back I will book another one for 2 weeks time.

I have had my Furlough extended until the end of May and it will be reviewed again then. I could get used to being paid 80% of my salary to stay at home but would much rather be seeing my Children and Grandchildren. It is my Son's and Grandsons birthdays this week and I would have been driving to London to see them and our latest Granddaughter Lily who will be 3 months tomorrow.

Well I am grateful that we are well and hope that we can start to see each other in June.

Keep well and safe everyone and keep the posts coming.

• Hi, Harelady! 

No news on the cocoon. It seemed to be rocking a bit the other day, so I think the moth is alive in its little sac. An article I read said that those fancy moths usually wait until early summer to emerge. Since we've had an especially cold May this year, I don't look for the moth to emerge until June. I could be wrong, though. 

Regarding the earthquakes: 

The geology in the western U.S. is very different from the eastern U.S., so I won't comment about Nevada. Annette probably knows way more than I do.

However, if you see swarms of earthquakes (sometimes 100s of them in a short period of time) in any location east of the Rocky Mountains, those are almost certainly induced quakes caused by fracking (hydraulic fracturing for gas and oil extraction, as well as the fluid/wastewater injection associated with those operations).

Fracking earthquake swarms have occurred in many eastern states, including Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, and Ohio. 

Nice to see you, Harelady. I'm so sorry you are forced to be apart from your family.