DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - MAY 2020

• "Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• aa

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• aa

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• aa

Magnus Ullman

• jj

Magnus Ullman

• aa

Magnus Ullman

• qq

Magnus Ullman

• fish

Magnus Ullman

• Thanks, everyone, for the pics and posts and thanks, Scylla, for the new thread. I was worried about Monty from last autumn. If I remember rightly, he did not stick around to feed up and preen like he usually did after the last chick had left, and he seemed a bit haggard. It was very late in the season when Berthyn finally left, and Monty's urge to migrate must have been stronger than the urge to feed up. I'm afraid he may have given his life for his big girl.. However, I hope that Idris actually is a much younger male and will, with luck, be able to remain fit if one of this year's chicks hangs around far too long before migrating. I say that because Telyn (when she was only known as chick 3J at Manton Bay) did exactly the same thing to her Dad, 5R, by staying far later than she should have and by screaming constantly and loudly for food. That strategy makes for a strong young female juvie, but seems to take its toll on the Dad. 5R did not return in 2014--Telyn hatched in 2013.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Great memories GB thank you